The Nox 800, The Right Tool For The Right Job

Dan(NM)

This will be my first detector when it arrives.  Obvious disadvantages come from being new at almost any endeavor, but there are sometimes a few advantages too, like a beginner's mindset.   I've comprehended the lesson, and I can see where there could be an advantage to being a novice here.  I have no preconceived notions based on past experiences with other equipment, so it should be easier for me to trust; the wisdom of the machine's creators, the wisdom of experienced veterans, and my own eyes' and ears'  first time experiences.  You guys are making me feel confident about going after well searched common areas before I even have any personal expertise.  My detector will have "eyes to see" what other detectors have trouble "seeing".  That is fantastic!

Thank you for this particular thread gentlemen.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, MarXthespot said:

This will be my first detector when it arrives.  Obvious disadvantages come from being new at almost any endeavor, but there are sometimes a few advantages too, like a beginner's mindset.   I've comprehended the lesson, and I can see where there could be an advantage to being a novice here.  I have no preconceived notions based on past experiences with other equipment, so it should be easier for me to trust; the wisdom of the machine's creators, the wisdom of experienced veterans, and my own eyes' and ears'  first time experiences.  You guys are making me feel confident about going after well searched common areas before I even have any personal expertise.  My detector will have "eyes to see" what other detectors have trouble "seeing".  That is fantastic!

Thank you for this particular thread gentlemen.

You're going to have a blast! Fair warning though, detecting is like playing a slot machine, the next swing is always the winner. I can't tell you the number of times I said to myself "ok, this is the last target" only to find myself detecting an hour later. I agree you are likely to do quite well simply due to the fact that you have no preconceived notions. I look forward to seeing your finds when you get rolling.

Best of Luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I came home from a first beach hunt with a few coins, small bits and pieces, gold and a big smile on my face.

My other half knows me far better than I do myself and stated very firmly:

”Don’t You go messing around with that Beeper,... it brings home the goodies!!”

I just hate it when She is Absolutely Positively 1000% wright on the money,... makes me feel like a hammer in the toolchest. Use when needed :-)

• Like 1