Charging Cable Concerns

A.M

Just a heads up...  Seeing a few of the charging leads coming apart at the head. 

Could be a batch problem as some I have seen look 100% OK  and have had some use... 

Others seem to have started showing problems - see the 3 pics of my 2 charging heads  AND the last pic.. (not mine) is at time of un packing; and was almost separated...

One of mine is not crash hot and the other could fail with a little push.   A simple weld will fix the problem, but will be e-mailing ML service to let them know.

2018-03-10 21.27.41.jpg

2018-03-10 21.27.15.jpg

2018-03-10 21.26.42.jpg

Un-used.jpg

• Like 1

I just looked at both but I don’t see the problem you’re having. It’s just like different ones talking about a loose shaft on their Equinox but I’m yet to have that problem too.

Chuck

• Like 1

13 hours ago, A.M said:

Just a heads up...  Seeing a few of the charging leads coming apart at the head. 

Could be a batch problem as some I have seen look 100% OK  and have had some use... 

Others seem to have started showing problems - see the 3 pics of my 2 charging heads  AND the last pic.. (not mine) is at time of un packing; and was almost separated...

One of mine is not crash hot and the other could fail with a little push.   A simple weld will fix the problem, but will be e-mailing ML service to let them know.

One of mine is coming apart as well, I'll be sending an e-mail to ML tonight, thanks for bringing it up.

cord.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

• Like 1

I found this picture on fb, is it really so delicate the charge cable plug?
A plug with magnetic attachment should not be so difficult to remove, how could it be broken so easily?

carica batt rotto.jpg

These things cam happen and some people just scream - CHEEP...

But when you have mass production and a new item... sometimes the QC checks may need to be reevaluated...  And the Supplier needs to know.

It is when feedback is ignored that things can look bad...  It also means that if a batch problem, it will take a while for the batch to be identified and purged..

So I would expect to see a few more of these over the coming months... 

• Like 1

Agree, these things will happen, but the thing is this is just about as bad a scenario as you can imagine, especially for 600 users because they only get one charging cable.  If it breaks, and because the charge plug interface is proprietary, you are SOL on charging the Equinox unless you are handy with a soldering iron or want to pull pull the battery and have a LiIon cell charger that is compatible.   At least 800 owners get two, with the extra designated for the WM08 module.  Until the extent of the issue becomes known, suggest you 800 owners keep that second charge cable in the plastic and locked in a fire safe somewhere.  Hope ML can respond with some swiftness to understanding whether this is a design or manufacturing flaw and getting a number of "fixed" cables to the repair centers.  Steve, thanks for fast tracking the info to ML.

It looks like a faulty gluing procedure, easily restored with a bit of cyanoacrylate glue.