Power Bank With Built In Flashlight Y'all

Buy yourself a metal detecting flashlight holder $5, and a power bank with built in flashlight $5-$20. I personally prefer the larger waterproof solar power bank with dual LEDs. Great for night time surf huntsIMG_9499.thumb.PNG.e3db66dc58a8b96d7b40e6ad1f35ab00.PNG All available on eBay. 

• Like 8

19 hours ago, BeachHunter said:

Nice setup Cipher. 

It's not my machine, unfortunately. Mine has been delayed in shipping until at least tomorrow probably due to regional storms. I saw this on eBay. The seller was trying to market it as something special he created for the Equinox and asking over $30 for. Broken down, it only costs $10. I have a flashlight holder and flashlight on each of my machines, but never thought of using a flashlight/power bank combo on the Equinox, so that was great thinking by this seller. It prompted me to look into other power banks and that's when I started to see solar powered and waterproof. Some great options for enhanced day to night hunting 

• Like 2

I think it’s a great idea to add a PB that can double as a flashlight. I’d really like to add the power bank under the arm cuff for a little more balance.

Have fun with the EQ.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Badger, can you tell me what brand is your lamp? Did you buy it recently? I am interested in purchasing a solid torch for night walks in the forest. Can anyone recommend me some reliable brands? I haven't done such acquisitions before. A good friend of mine said that he used https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Flashlight-Flashlights-Water-resistant-Accessories/dp/B089T8HDBV/ not once, and he is totally delighted with the quality of their shipping services. Do you think I should consume my torch there or would it be better to visit other websites in order to find the best variant for me?

14 hours ago, RonLan said:

Badger, can you tell me what brand is your lamp? Did you buy it recently? I am interested in purchasing a solid torch for night walks in the forest. Can anyone recommend me some reliable brands? I haven't done such acquisitions before. A good friend of mine said that he used https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Flashlight-Flashlights-Water-resistant-Accessories/dp/B089T8HDBV/ not once, and he is totally delighted with the quality of their shipping services. Do you think I should consume my torch there or would it be better to visit other websites in order to find the best variant for me?

I'm using the green Energizer Vision HD + LED headlamp. I got mine at Walmart for $17. You can also find them at Home Depot and lots of other stores as well as Amazon.  I like everything about it but mostly I like that is has the red light for night vision. 

Energizer makes a wide variety of headlamps to choose from. https://www.energizer.com/lighting/headlights#vhdplh

I have two of those tactical flashlights. One is rechargeable and the other isn't. They are sold under many names and have subtle differences. I think my rechargeable one is waterproof. They are both very bright but would be heavy to use on a detector.

I do most of my shopping on Amazon these days. Very happy with their services. Especially the super easy return policy.

• Like 1

I use a Blackdiamond headlamp (model "Spot") for years now. It still works great and shows no sign of use, although I use it A LOT, since I hunt at night / in the evening 80-90%. It offers dimming, redlight, has a neat touch "high beam" feature.. Honestly I don't know what I'd do without it!

I own two earlier revisions of this lamp, didn't try the newest iteration or the 4xAAA version, yet.