New Detectors From Fisher & Teknetics

John,

I think you will find that the F75 has undergone pretty much continuous development since it was introduced. The original was probably the most powerful VLF detector onmthe market, but that power could not be used where EMI was an issue. Apparently design changes were made on an ongoing basis in software and perhaps hardware to improve EMI resistance.

A new model with Boost Process (somewhat confusingly called either LTD or SE) was introduced,some time ago and in 2014 there has just been a significant upgrade of this model with the addition of DST noise reduction.

My new F75 is incredibly sensitive and can run at 99 sensitivity in my EMI hellish environment with minimum fuss if I select the quietest frequency.

I do suspect, however that mechanical engineering of the detectors has not been their strongest suit. This seems to be improving. KeithnSouthern has tested the new F44 and he raved about the solid air of quality that the detector has. So hopefully the hardware issues are going away.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...