Makro Racer Owners Manual, Brochure & Product Page

post-1-0-27632600-1421858740_thumb.jpg

Hello all...proud to officially announce the Makro RACER product page for those who are interested:

Makro Racer Owners Manual

Makro Racer Product Brochure

STANDARD PACKAGE - MSRP $649

• Includes:
  • 29cm x 18.5cm (11" x 7") DD Search Coil
  • Search Coil Cover
  • Headphones
  • 4 x AA Alkaline Batteries

PRO PACKAGE - MSRP $849

• Includes:
  • 11" x 7" DD Search Coil
  • 5.5" x 4.7" DD Search Coil
  • Covers For Both Search Coils
  • Headphones
  • AC & Car Charger
  • 4 x AA Rechargeable Batteries
  • Carrying Bag
  • Treasure Pouch
  • Rain Covers
  • Cap with Official Makro Logo
  • T-Shirt with Official Makro Logo
  • Bluetooth headphones as well as all accessories can be purchased separately.

Racer Metal Detector Accessories Manufacturer’s Suggested Resale Price

• RC13 - DD Search Coil - (13cmx12cm - 5''X4.5'') $109.00
  • RC26 - DD Search Coil - (26cmx14cm - 10''x5.5'') $139.00
  • RC29 - DD Search Coil - (29cmx18.5cm - 11''x7'') $159.00
  • RC40 - DD Search Coil - (40cmx33.5cm - 15.5''X13'') $249.00
  • RC13 - Search Coil Cover $9.00
  • RC26 - Search Coil Cover $15.00
  • RC29 - Search Coil Cover $19.00
  • RC40 - Search Coil Cover $29.00
  • Carrying Bag $49.00
  • Rain Covers (Set of 2) $29.00
  • Treasure Pouch $9.00
  • Charging Kit (AC & Car Charger 4 x AA Rechargeable Batteries) $49.00
  • Cap with Official Makro Logo $15.00
  • T-Shirt with Official Makro Logo $15.00
  • Koss Headphone - KPH7 $20.00
  • Philips SHB7000 Bluetooth Headphones and Dongle $179.00
  • Bluetooth Dongle Only (BT module) $99.00
  • Middle Rod $32.00
  • Lower Rod $16.00
  • Armrest $28.00

More information on the Makro Racer

post-1-0-84098400-1421861215_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-40245200-1421861222_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-57261300-1421861565_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Its hard not to get caught up in the Nokta/Makro hype. Even your product page looks great! Clear,concise and informative. Good pro pack to! I for one,like a real GOOD carry bag...my truck is always full of tools,nice to protect it.

I was trying to figure out the ground balance system on Racer. On pg 13 in the manual is a graph which I can't seem to copy and paste and beside it the statement-

"Manual ground balance functions within the range of 0-99.

However, each value covers 5 steps used for fine tuning
within itself and these steps are indicated as multiples of 20
in the Ground Phase indicator shown on the display. For
example, ground balance value shown on the side is 70.80."

This seems to mean that each 1 GB value is further divided into 5 values so as to be able to obtain a more exacting manual GB in real hot dirt. If so I would compare this to the manual GB on the Deus. This makes me wonder if the GB system on the Racer is the same as on conventional VLFs or uses a system similar to the one on the Deus (which no ones seems to be able to decipher).

Merton

The ground balance is the same as that on the FORS CoRe. Seems simple in practice. All they are saying is the ground balance covers a 500 point range so it is capable of fine tuning. Since ground varies however perfect ground balance can never be achieved so no point in getting too caught up in it. I have to admit these days I usually just do the ground grab thing and go detecting.

Thanks for posting the links to the manual. It appears to have a nice feature set.    

I like the ground mineral graphic.  It is easier to relate to than the FE0304 bars on the Fisher units.

Key thing is being able to turn ground tracking off.   I think I read that tracking can be turned off.

I think there will be folks that will like it.

HH

Mike

Tracking is off by default. You normally just ground grab and go. Or maybe ground grab, then tweak setting manually up or down. Finally, you can just go to full tracking. At MSRP $649 I do not know of any machine that gives you that many ground balance options. White's GMT at MSRP $799 is closest I can think of offhand.

Hard to find anything that balances as well as the Fisher F5.   It has a 1019 point ground balance resolution scale that many never need or even know it's there.   In some of my ground every little click of the dial makes a difference.   But I have always found a null with the F5.   I can't say that about any other digital metal detector and not many analog units.

HH
Mike

Hey Steve, Have you ran the Fors Core in hot ground? And if so did the Ground Grab adjust your GB close enough you could hunt without extraneous noise? I am hoping Racer does a good job of this in really hot ground as on both my Deus and GB Pro the Ground Grab always seems to be a little off. With the Deus you can manually tune it to quiet while pumping but typically in a few feet the ground changes enough to be noisy again requiring you to go back into the menu..........it's frustrating..........when can I buy a PI with decent discrimination? LOL

Merton

I have not had any issues with ground balance per se with the FORS Gold. The one spot where hot rocks were bothering me I just put it in tracking and they magically went away.

However - I still consider myself a newbie on the machine with experience at a limited number of locations. I use a PI most of the time. The FORS or Racer are still VLF detectors and they have not cracked some secret code. My expectation is they well do about as well as can be expected of a VLF but that is it. Some places they will just be no good.

I am happy to report a reliable gent in Australia is giving the FORS a go in really bad ground, and while it is not acting like a PI, neither is it failing. Be a good guy to watch for some solid reporting. Narrawa at http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/nokta-makro-fors-gold-t3468.html