Makro Racer Owners Manual, Brochure & Product Page

I added the accessory price list to the first post at the top of the page. Very affordable, I hate getting ripped off for accessory coils. You look at what Makro can sell coils for, and they are really great coils by the way, and you have to ask why the other guys are charging what they are. It is just wire in plastic.

Notice the Bluetooth headphones? Philips SHB7000 Bluetooth Headphones. These are standard Bluetooth 3.0 headphones and so any 3.0 compatible phones should work. You can buy just the Bluetooth module for $99 and use whatever headphones you want. Just keeps looking better all the time. The Phillips phones are also wired via an accessory cord so if the battery goes dead you can just plug them in. Here is the Owners Manual for the headphones http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/shb7000wt_28/shb7000wt_28_dfu_aen.pdf They are shown as discontinued by manufacturer at Amazon, but they get good reviews there Amazon SHB7000 page

Racer Metal Detector Accessories Manufacturer’s Suggested Resale Price

• RC13 - DD Search Coil - (13cmx12cm - 5''X4.5'') $109.00
  • RC26 - DD Search Coil - (26cmx14cm - 10''x5.5'') $139.00
  • RC29 - DD Search Coil - (29cmx18.5cm - 11''x7'') $159.00
  • RC40 - DD Search Coil - (40cmx33.5cm - 15.5''X13'') $249.00
  • RC13 - Search Coil Cover $9.00
  • RC26 - Search Coil Cover $15.00
  • RC29 - Search Coil Cover $19.00
  • RC40 - Search Coil Cover $29.00
  • Carrying Bag $49.00
  • Rain Covers (Set of 2) $29.00
  • Treasure Pouch $9.00
  • Charging Kit (AC & Car Charger 4 x AA Rechargeable Batteries) $49.00
  • Cap with Official Makro Logo $15.00
  • T-Shirt with Official Makro Logo $15.00
  • Koss Headphone - KPH7 $20.00
  • Philips SHB7000 Bluetooth Headphones and Dongle $179.00
  • Bluetooth Dongle Only (BT module) $99.00
  • Middle Rod $32.00
  • Lower Rod $16.00
  • Armrest $28.00

post-1-0-82649000-1422026376_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-39030800-1422026379_thumb.jpg

Steve, what can I say? You are just great! As I was about to make the attempt to post the accessory prices, I see them posted here already... you just saved my time. 

By the way, need to clarify something regarding the BT module - yes it will be sold separately for people who want to buy the Philips headphones on their own or for people who have it already. 

It is true that the module will work with other BT headphones BUT we cannot guarantee the performance as the module was developed and tested for the Philips model we offer only. We have no way of testing it with all BT headphones out there. 

• Like 2

This thing will probably storm the country.    Value Value Value

HH
Mike

Just wondering if there is any delay in using the Bluetooth headphones?

I've heard other detectors had some issues in using wireless headphones. The delay causing to not properly pinpoint the target.

Yeah, I have heard the same thing. It would not surprise me if there was a lag but we will see. It might create a lag on target reaction which would bug people like me that never use the pinpoint trigger. It would not effect a non-motion pinpoint mode though so worst case I would have to use the darn trigger.

There are low latency Bluetooth options available these days. For people like me that need to study up on it, here is a good reference http://theheadphonelist.com/wireless-fidelity-making-sense-bluetooth-headphone-technology/

• Like 1

I emailed them about this when I first heard they were going wireless and it out the Bluetooth had too much latency for metal detector use. Dilek replied that she had checked with engineering and that they had a technology which didn't have that problem – hopefully that's correct - here's the email.

"Thank you Rick...just checked and I was told that by the engineers that they are aware and currently we do not have a latency issue..."

Dilek

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, December 26, 2014 4:42 PM

To: Dilek Gönülay

Subject: Re: Comgrats on your company's fusion with Makro

Thanks Dilek!

I will see how much free time my masters allow me in AD first!!

One thing I'd like to mention however.

I noted this morning in a post that you were considering Bluetooth for wireless detector phone use. I have dealt with Bluetooth latency issues with wireless devices before and it is a serious issue. I believe that your competitors use dedicated low latency modules from TI and perhaps others to overcome this. Latency in a detector would make for very annoying delays in coil response while it is swung.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I have heard the same thing. It would not surprise me if there was a lag but we will see. It might create a lag on target reaction which would bug people like me that never use the pinpoint trigger. It would not effect a non-motion pinpoint mode though so worst case I would have to use the darn trigger.

There are low latency Bluetooth options available these days. For people like me that need to study up on it, here is a good reference http://theheadphonelist.com/wireless-fidelity-making-sense-bluetooth-headphone-technology/

Hahahahaaha....that darn trigger.!!!...... what an obtacle to have to overcome...... lololol

That cracked me up this morning Steve, Thanks for the laugh....