My First " My Experience " Post On Equinox E600

Tiftaaft

Awesome, great write up and just keeps me really positive about the 600 which will be the machine i buy.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Super write up! It looks like you are quickly becoming at one with the 600. Congrats on that 59 rosie. You just never know anymore where a good find will turn up.

Best

Skate

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Fskafish said:

Awesome, great write up and just keeps me really positive about the 600 which will be the machine i buy.. 

Thanks Fish... I don't think you will be sorry by getting the 600... it is a great machine!

1 minute ago, Skate said:

Super write up! It looks like you are quickly becoming at one with the 600. Congrats on that 59 rosie. You just never know anymore where a good find will turn up.

Best

Skate

Thanks Skate, I didn't call you out by name above, but that was an oversight.  Your posts have been extremely helpful in my path to learning the Equinox... so thank you!    Yes, I had no expectations on finding silver in this location... it was quite a surprise. :)

Excellent report, Tim, as yours always are.  Glad to hear from someone who is using and doing well in Park1.

Have you had a chance to hit that schoolyard you detailed last year -- where you had found about 10 Wheaties but no silver?  I'm very interested to read how you do there when you go over the areas you've already hunted, along with those you haven't.

Also good to hear another report on the 600 specifically.  No one should feel inferior or apologize with that choice.  It was a close call for me (and I'm not buying both!) but for a couple years I've wanted a detector that would allow me to change the regions of the tone zones and also the audio frequencies of the tones themselves and I just couldn't pass up that feature again -- thus my decision to go with the 800.  (Oh, it should be here in the next couple hours, too.  "Out for Delivery")

• Thanks 1

Thanks GBA!  and thanks for remembering my "Quest for Silver" post :).  I did go out there for a short hunt right after I received the Equinox, and didn't know what I was doing... I am planning to head back to that school later this week and see what I can find.  Since my original post about that site, I have spent 2 or 3 hours there, with very little to show... but I am hoping the Equinox will change that.  I almost went there last night, but decided to stay closer to home since I had limited time... and found the silver rosie... in my short Equinox hunt at that school, I did find another wheat, and several nickels... but I have a much better feel for the Equinox now, and I am hoping to complete my quest :)  Can't wait to hear how you fare with the E800!!  Tim.

• Like 1

My ration of wheaties to silver is 8-10 wheats for every 1 silver so you're due!

One of the cool things about the nox is you can really cherry pick which is what I would do at the school yard. Maybe switch to 2 tones and go up to 24 for one tone and 25 on up for you're higher conductors and just mash it there. Part of the initial confusion at a site is the amount of tones a site will give you. If silver is what you're after make it as easy as you can given the time available to hunt. I look forward to seeing the silver roll in. 

• Like 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Top- Notch write-up.

Extremely well organized to contain so much detail.

My hat goes off.

I'll rephrase here.

This IMO is strong candidate post to be put on Minelab Treasure Talk. 

Nice to have a member here who communicates so well.