Okay Time Travelers Back To The Early70’s

My only treasure back then was my mom and a warm bottle ;)

• Like 2

Northeast 

Yes we had color and color TV. We did have lots of detector companies back when that’s gone by the wayside. It was one detector company that stated their detector could detect paper money. Their reasoning behind this was the ink had metal in it. I think the detector was called D Tex. 

Here in Texas we have Jack Rabbits we ride like a horse you do downunder. If a woman is in the field picking cotton and has a baby .She won’t go to the house until she picks the cotton back where she started.

I guess I’d better stop right here before I start    Sorry I just can’t bring myself to say it.

Chuck

• Haha 3

I think I have all those!!   When my father passed away I grabbed them(at least a hundred) before they got discarded. A half dozen still sit in the "library" and they get switched every few months. :smile:

8 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Here in Texas we have Jack Rabbits we ride like a horse you do downunder.

The Americans brought horses to Australia and tried to get us to adapt but we already had the kangaroo. Faster with a better leap and built in pockets.  

And, when the Aussie lasses calve down they don’t head for the house until sundown - always got a lady roo about the place and just drop the little one in its pouch :wink:

Colour TV!!  I have heard of this but thought it was a myth.  Mains electricity is still 12 months from being connected :sad:

• Haha 4

• 2 months later...

In the spring of 1971 I was celebrating my first full year of metal detecting at the ripe old age of 9 :laugh: Thank God for my older cousin (technically my second cousin) who was 10 years older than me. Started me detecting in the spring of 1970. How time flies :mellow: Thanks for posting them.

Schoolofhardnox

It’s been a beautiful dream that I hope I never wake up from. I just got a few years on you detecting. I was 24 going on 25 when I started. I was prospecting some years before that.

If I make it to Heaven I know I’ll get kicked out for digging up the streets.

Chuck

• Like 1