How To Weigh Gold And Such?

I ordered a gun powder scale off Ebay for $27.50 shipped that is sposed to measure in grains  ( up to 1500 grains ) and grams  .The seller seemed to know his stuff vs other sellers. I liked the RSBS scales but they are a bit pricey. I'd rather have a bit less money into a scale so I have something left for other toys....er...gizmos....

-T

Well guys, the cheapo Ebay scale was impossible to calibrate and claimed my Indiana picker weighed 4 grains? And then the display would jump all over shortly after telling me this.  Sooo.....I took Steve's advice and just acquired an RSBS 750 powder scale off Ebay. Dunno how I got it for only $77 and free shipping ? It has a price tag of $139 on it and the RSBS website shows it at MSRP of $166. It seems to be brand new and was easily calibrated.I have it hooked up to the AC adapter for now. See photo below. The RSBS scale says my picker weighs 1.8 grains, so is it officially a gold nugget?

Guess I will try to return the other scale.I have been told these electronic powder scales can be EXTREMELY touchy tho..The RSBS scale seems to be more stable than the cheap one.

-T

post-353-0-62913800-1422689763_thumb.jpg