I picked up my 800 last Friday, Monday I did about 2 hours at a very difficult local small park. 60 x 120, railroad tracks with bed slag on one side and alkali dirt on the other side. I dug 5 wheats and was pleased with that but did not feel I had the thing working smoothly. I went back this afternoon and gave it a try again, paid attention to the set up and slowed myself down. This thing works! I dug 4 wheats, 2 mercs and a SLQ, all were surronded by other targets, I am sure I have had my Gold Bug and T2 over these coins as I have detected this park alot over the last 2 years. I ran Park 2 with no changes except sensitivity when I got closer to the tracks. I think I believe the hype.

P3130001.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A nice haul!  I'm not sure I would say I believe the hype, but the Equinox complements my Etrac nicely--not nearly as accurate with TID and depth numbers, but has modern features and is great at separating and unmasking in trashy environments, which I think is what you experienced.  I do think it's going to be stiff competition for the other newer mid-level detectors.