Gpx 5000 Question

Smallest I could get with my GPX5000 with 9x14 or the Sadie, was .2g.  But this could be due to my settings and ground conditions.  I ran my machine very conservative and quiet.  In my opinion, my settings are better for the deep gold in mineralized ground.  Small gold depth can be improved if you can learn to handle a little more noise in your threshold.  But also .... If you want to go smaller, get the flat wire elite or evolution coils.  They seem to go just as deep but allow you to sense smaller gold than the non flat wire type. 

As for the Sadie, that coil is probably one of my favorite.  It will get .2g nuggets all the way up to 2oz nuggets, VERY deep.  At least it did for me.  Of all my coils the Sadie (except for ground coverage) was the most versatile to the different sizes of gold.

• Like 3

I sometimes gauge a coils ability to hear tiny gold by the size of shotshell shot they can detect, my 14x9 Evo hits on #9 dove load shot pcs to 3" consistently and plenty loud in alkali gold areas I hunt in Nevada, am very satisfied with that,  my 14" round elite mono barely can hear the #9 dove load shot pieces close to the coil. Just another way to gauge coil sensitivity to small gold. The Elite 14" round can hit 1.3 gram nugget at 13" in same soil. So it pays to have a few different coils with different strengths. I run mostly in Sensitive extra.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mxt Sniper said:

I sometimes gauge a coils ability to hear tiny gold by the size of shotshell shot they can detect, my 14x9 Evo hits on #9 dove load shot pcs to 3" consistently and plenty loud, am very satisfied with that,  my 14" round elite mono barely can hear the #9 dove load shot pieces close to the coil. Just another way to gauge coil sensitivity.

Waiting on Rob to get back to me. I really want the 14x9 evo

• Like 1

On Fri Mar 16 2018 at 8:58 AM, Mxt Sniper said:

Not too good of odds on those tiny ones, miss two and get one, maybe the new coiltek 9" round mono elite will pick em all up? The new Elite 9" comes out in May.

Sadie coil screams 3 inches away in the one near the tip and pigs an inch away on the other ones I can say I am happy

• Like 2