Venturing Into The Dark Side....

Ok so I am primarily a gold prospector but I love stuff all shiny and new so I went and bought a Nox 800.

I haven't even had it 24hrs but have had a play in the backyard and was pretty impressed with what it can pickup and the depth. A tiny bit of aluminium (a top of a small rivet) down a cpl of inches gives me hope that I can probably use it out in the goldfields as well. Having to look at a screen and take not of numbers is a little different too.

But I do have a question. Having never really had a decent relic/coin detector to hunt a park or beach.... where do I actually start with regards to settings? I basically live on a beach so probably will hunt the beach and campgrounds here. I dont have a lot of time (busy making enhancers lol) so want to maximise my efficiency and not waste time so any tips/hints gratefully accepted.

Thanks Pat

Gday Pat,

Welcome, theres a couple of us Aussies on here.

Well you started with a decent machine mate :biggrin: ...great choice.

I went straight down the beach and used standard settings (which are very good) to try my new 800 out.

Once you used to navigating your way around the 800 and get pinpointing and target ID fine tuned then you can hit the parks or farms or whatever.

The standard settings are well thought out and actually work very well but there is lots of advanced programs online on Facebook and Youtube if you feel youare ready for them.

I think the manual says :

Park 1 normal park coin hunting / Park 2 Trashy parks areas & fine jewellery

Beach 1 normal beach dry & wet sand  / Beach 2 for wading in the sea water

The manual is actually pretty good......yeah I know its just not normal to read instruction manuals but it does do some good I reckon.

cheers and good luck :smile:

• Like 1

I highly recommend using the suggested default Search Profiles, with the sensitivity maybe bumped up a point or two if conditions allow.

Park 1 - Optimised for coin size targets, less sensitive to small items. Quieter operation.

Park 2 - Optimised for smaller items like small jewelry. More signals on tiny trash.

Field 1 - Optimised for larger targets (bullets, buttons), less sensitive to small items. Quieter operation.

Field 2 - Optimised for smaller items like hammered silver, cut coins. More signals on tiny trash.

Beach 1 - Salty soil/sand both dry and wet. Better small gold sensitivity than Beach 2.

Beach 2 - Coil in surf or underwater. Less small gold sensitivity than Beach 1.

Gold 1 - Optimised for general gold prospecting conditions.

Gold 2 - Optimised for deeper gold nuggets, may be noisier in bad ground.

8E5A2BB9-1140-4282-B878-49C05401ECF1.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for that guys. Hopefully I'll get out this week and give it a go.

2 hours ago, SteelPhase said:

Thanks for that guys. Hopefully I'll get out this week and give it a go.

Good Luck and happy hunting.?

• Like 1