GP 3500 Current Status In The Line Up

As the title says. I would like to discuss the current status 3500 brings compared to its digital Brothers 4000,4500, 4800, 5000.

I am sure that we all enjoy and appreciate the older Tech, but does it have an equal footing against the new generation. Simply put can it hold its own against a 4500 or 5000. I don't except it to equal to say the 5000, does it give said units a run for there money, as the saying goes.

I think we all pretty much know that the newest Gadget or Gizmo doesn't always equate to True massive Performance differences in the field. Example being the 4500 against the 5000. The differences are so minimal in true real world Performance that one could easily justify not going to a 5000. This is the type meaning I am asking.

Such as fine gold, how low can it go lol.

Deep gold, how deep and how big does it need to pick it up at that depth.

We have a lot of great swingers on this forum, always willing to discuss these conversations. Perhaps this might help others in the long run.

Things to consider 3500 has been discontinued. But so was the 4500 to a certain extent at a certain point in time, no longer the case of course.

Did the 3500 excel at a certain thing? Kind of like the gold bug analog unit that finds specks of gold. There by still relevant in today's Tech.

• Like 1

Hi, Stephen;

I really can't add anything to what we have discussed on the pm's.  There isn't a PI made by Minelab that is not relevant...they all find gold and they all do some things easier or better....

I will certainly take tiny pieces of gold. The little ones tell me I am doing things correctly....bigger ones are much more fun! There are 480 Grains in a troy Oz I would rather get to that oz in bigger pieces than small...but I love the hunt and the finding, after that they are just yellow rocks to sell or give away....

fred 

• Like 6

Steve, its my opinion the GP3500 is an exceptional machine and I have found more gold with it on patches that the 5000 has hammered, and in my opinion is easier to configure the settings. A lot of it is just pure persistence.

• Like 3

I am the proud owner of a GPX 3500. Unit is used but like newish.

1 Minelab GP3500 Metal Detector 
1 Coiltek 16in round mono coil 
1 Nugget finder 14x9 mono coil 
1 8in round commander mono coil 
1 Minelab 11in GP series coil 
1 Nugget finder 8x6 mono coil 
1 10x5 commander DD coil 
1 Garrett propointer AT 
1 Minelab battery car charger
1 Minelab battery home charger
2 Minelab dome top batteries
1 Super sound signal amp by Detacc 
1 External speaker (for the amp)
1 Pick with magnet
1 Green scoop
1 control box cover (for detector)
1 Minelab soft sided travel bag
1 extra lower shaft for coil
  • Like 4

Wow! You got a smokin deal! 

The 14X9 is my favorite all- rounder coil. The 16" is great for open ground work and you can't beat the 8x6 (Sadie) for shallow, tight areas and small gold.

You may want to pick up a good pair of head phones. I really like Black Widows or Grey Ghosts.

Congrats!

Dean

• Like 2