E600 Sw Washington Pounded Park Results

Tiftaaft

19 hours ago, Skate said:

That is so cool! I can just see you smiling from ear to ear at all that still laid under the ground in that "hunted out" park. I wish folks could wrap their minds around this paradigm shift away from depth to unmasking. I would bet that 90% of the coins and jewelry we're after is 2-6 inches down especially out west and it is for that the Equinox will rule all others. I love your enthusiasm as it's infectious. We have 2-4 inches of rain the next two days so no hunting for me until Friday. 

Great job Tim

You have that right Skate, smiling and shaking my head in amazement every time another greenie comes out of the ground,  

I agree with you, even though I talked about a few deep targets in my narrative... I believe the ability for this machine to unmask and id is much more of the reason I was able to dig so many missed targets, the few examples of depth are just icing on the cake!  Hope the rain subsides long enough for you to get out and hunt this weekend.  Tim.

11 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Another excellent report, Tim, and extra thanks for pub'bing your settings.  That will help me next time out.

You guys in the Pacific NW (Cabin Fever another example) get mostly mintmarked (and apparently majority -S) coins which is a huge +.  Trying to read the dates+MM's in your photo I'm drawn to that one in the middle -- a 1926.  Is that an -S?  If so that's a semi-key date+MM in the Lincoln series.  (1926-D nothing special, though.)

Only 5.5 hours and all that in previously hunted sites?  Your Eqx isn't the only thing with fast recovery speed!

Thanks GB!  That '26 is a "D".  Ah well... I will have to keep looking for that semi-key date wheat :).  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FlySAR said:

Nice work!

When we meet next week try to save me a couple easy ones.

Welcome to the best detecting forum on the web FlySAR.  Looking forward to you helping put the Equinox through the Northwest Ground paces next week.  Tim.

Tim --

Excellent hunting.  You described very clearly and explicitly how "hunted out" your park was...

...until it wasn't!  LOL!  

Impressive that with only a handful of hours on the machine, you had it "opening up" your park again...

I get it!  ;)

Steve

• Like 1

On 21 March 2018 at 1:41 PM, Tiftaaft said:

I have mentioned this park before.  I use it as my testing grounds.  Mainly because it is one of the oldest parks in the town where I work, but also because it has been detected hard over the years, including by me during my lunchtime as often as I can get out there.  Over the past 2 years, I have probably logged 60 or 70 hours at this park.  Last summer, I thought I had eeked out the last wheatie by running my Vaquero in All Metal (after spending the prior year and a half hunting it with an AT Pro, ETrac, CTX, Explorer SE Pro, and even a few times with the ATX).  Last fall, I hunted this location 3 or 4 times during lunch and came away with goose eggs.  So of course, when I received my Equinox E600, I couldn't wait to see if the hype about Equinox and pounded locations was at all true.  To all on this forum, my story will come to no surprise.  And even thought I trust the members of this site implicitly, and the results your all were sharing since the release... I am still gobsmacked with my own results.

I played a little with the different modes, but for the most part, I ran Park 1, Noise Cancel, Ground Balance (not tracking), Recovery 3 (max on the 600), Iron Bias 0, 50 tones (a bit in 2 tone), Multi-Frequency.  Over the past 3 weeks, 30 minutes here, 45 minutes there, an odd 1 hour hunt... I have spent about 5.5 hours swing time.  

My 45 minute hunt today rewarded me with the oldest of all - 1917-S, and when I dropped the carrot into the hole to measure the depth, the top was below ground level... similar to the tax token I dug last week.  

In addition to these oldies, I also found 35 Lincoln memorials (most copper), 7 nickels (all Jeffersons), 5 clad dimes, and a clad quarter.  

All I can say about the Equinox is... wow. 

Tim

20180320_200751-485x488.jpg

20180320_200043-1516x711.jpg

Great finds .  We keep digging and saying ......"No it's deeper ........... No must be a bit deeper .........then .......where is the damn thing . Meanwhile we have made a mess and are hoping no one is looking  ( should carry a shrub to make it look like we are planting it )  ?  When you just get the knack of no mess holes Minelab makes me have to  come  up with a new scheme . I don't mind though . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

image.png

• Haha 2