Got Some New Plates Today

mn90403

I had to wait for 3 hours at DMV!  That was longer than my hunt at the beach tonight.

If I could write a complete thought I would say 'Learning to Love My 800'

Mitchel

IMG_9372.JPG

• Like 8

Good looking plate.

please dont take this the wrong way, it is just a friendly suggestion   :smile:.....

IMHO dont be in a habit to leave your detector in car as you are advertising what you own.

Minelab stickers on cars , Minelab bags visible inside cars are good advertising for detector thieves.

Over here around the Aussie goldfields many people have had cars etc broken into is its become known a detector might be inside it.

cheers and happy swinging :biggrin:

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, NSC said:

Good looking plate.

please dont take this the wrong way, it is just a friendly suggestion   :smile:.....

IMHO dont be in a habit to leave your detector in car as you are advertising what you own.

Minelab stickers on cars , Minelab bags visible inside cars are good advertising for detector thieves.

Over here around the Aussie goldfields many people have had cars etc broken into is its become known a detector might be inside it.

The Average Californian aint got a  clue"  :biggrin: what his plates are referring too, or what color Stone's are  hiding in them thar Hills...imo

I was there over the xmas season, and I think the retro black plates are really cool, Mn -Santa Monica You rock bro!

Cheers from 24f Idaho G

• Like 1

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

for a guy who owns a Zed to have those planes instead of LovemyZED is really saying something!  California have such nice number plates.

Phrunt,

Did you see my 4Runner plates?  Steve made it my little icon.  I live at the beach and will use the 3030 and 800 much more than the 7000 so ... what's in a random number on a state issued plate?  I wanted more.

Mitchel

8 hours ago, NSC said:

Good looking plate.

I've had that reaction about my 7000 plates.  I've decided to 'code' this one.  We know what I'm saying here on this forum but there are millions here who don't have a clue.

The word Equinox was already taken.  I doubt if it is someone that knows anything about a detector.  There is a lot of 'noise' in a big city and in California.  It is not until you get out into a desert or mountains and start showing some gold that people want to track you. 

I don't think I've altered my security a nano percentage by changing my plates here.  I've got some really nice pool cues that cost way more than an 800.  (Now I've altered my security!  haha) We play with those out in the open all the time and some of my friends have 3 cushion and pool related plates on much more costly cars than mine.

It is just a fun thing to do.  (Maybe I wouldn't do it in Australia.)

Mitchel

On 3/20/2018 at 11:56 PM, NSC said:

On 3/21/2018 at 12:14 AM, idahogold said:

The Average Californian aint got a  clue"  :biggrin: what his plates are referring too, or what color Stone's are  hiding in them thar Hills...imo

I agree with both statements, except I would replace Californian with person. :wink:

I like having gear labeled with removable patches, it makes it easy to identify what's in what bag. The labels can transfer to different bags when I switch gear out, so bags can be used for different items.  I just peel them off if I'm carrying them around in public.

California vehicle registration fees are getting ridiculous. I just don't feel like giving them any more... I guess I will just have to hope my next random number plate is, DEEP800.:biggrin:

IMG_0495.thumb.JPG.f64fafd01704d40bffef6e4d98ca597e.JPG

• Like 1