People Charge Your Gear

I got the same alert this morning in my Banggood mail....lol

I got some usb gang plugs to use this year....

When I was with the GHs last year the center of the dining table area was covered with all our batteries, radios, lights, phones, gps, tablets, WM12's, you name it...

We would have to fire up the donk to charge them all.....  Hahaha

Here is a solution I hope...

20180321_094932.jpg

That isn't bad news phrunt.  This is valuable info.  BAD news is being 100 kms from the nearest watering hole in the middle of the Pilbara, with a flat GPZ, without a decent charge to be found anywhere.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MarXthespot said:

That isn't bad news phrunt.  This is valuable info.  BAD news is being 100 kms from the nearest watering hole in the middle of the Pilbara, with a flat GPZ, without a decent charge to be found anywhere.

Thats true there mate.... guess i will pay more attention to the description on Banggood this time around!!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vanursepaul said:

guess i will pay more attention to the description on Banggood this time around!!!!

I will too.  This taught me a lesson.  I could have been easily caught out on that one too.

• Like 1

Sometimes i dont have the genny fired up and dont have 120/240 available---

I guess i have a few options there.

• Use a power converter with my standby battery... ( i use one for my fridge)
  • or use this type which would eliminate using the genny--

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OHE8AOI/ref=psdc_2407770011_t1_B06XHJZL91

For ex:  if i were doing a day or so  camp on my quad in the bush ----and wanted to charge all this dang stuff---

With no genny ...maybe the quad would power it up thru the 12v receptacle??? ---20 amps tops?

( i get so tired of this new tech--i would rather use AAA batteries-LOL)

I also saw some that were fused  so it would be necessary to have spares if that were the case!!!!! Criminy-lol

3 hours ago, Norvic said:

After all this education maybe i should get one of the handcranks---lolol--- Of course you and i would have it hooked up to our cordless screwdrivers on the first go right !!!! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Nah, I have no need for the hand crank with my solar Hilux but for folks who are hiking in for a few days could be the go, back a few years it would`ve been handy but if I can`t get there by vehicle these days I don`t go. Of course if suddenly a rainbow appears and it indicates a rich patch up in them there hills, be a diff story:wink:

• Like 2