Nokta Invenio Imaging System

The World's First Smart Detector & Imaging System that can display the shape, depth and dimensions of underground metals in real time. Ideal for Deep Treasure Hunters, Archaeologists, Municipalities, Utility Companies, CSI and Law Enforcement Agencies.

http://noktadetectors.com/invenio-metal-detector.asp

nokta-invenio-3d-imaging-detector.jpg

• Like 3

$10,000-$12,000. So certainly not for the hobby market. But I believe it's only a matter of a short time before technology like this reaches the hobby market. Minelab has incorporated a crude version of imaging into the CTX already in the form of target trace. There have been hints that First Texas has been developing imaging for use in hobby machines. If you think about it, it's one of a few remaining logical next steps in a hobby that has been cornered by the laws of physics for a while now. The first company that incorporates competent imaging in a machine under $2,000 is going to run away with the market, even if it comes off as a bit gimmicky at first. Here, it's not just the price that is prohibitive though. Most detectorists make quick decisions about what to dig and not to dig. Outside of suspected caches, consulting with a separate piece of hardware is not feasible for people other than In the professions this targets. It would have to be incorporated into and accessed from the machine. This feature in the hobby market would be a bit like waterproofing. It probably wouldn't be often used on your average dig, but people would love the idea that it's there. The idea of that big score, hidden cache or buried hoard is always in the back of our mind. And you'd see more of us planning digs to make use of such technology. For now it'll have to remain a dream for most of us to own something like this. Very impressive though. 

• Like 1

I believe this is their second generation of what amounts to a GPR in a detector format.

I'd imagine that as technology gets cheaper and cheaper to implement, so to will devices like this, and likely smaller.  Perhaps we'll eventually see that separate display logger integrated into a single hand held detector. 

• 4 years later...

No one has said much about this and now the price point is in line with other detectors so ...

Nokta Makro INVENIO Pro Pack Metal Detector with 3D Imaging | Kellyco | 855-910-6955 (kellycodetectors.com) 

Nokta Makro INVENIO Pro Pack Metal Detector with 3D Imaging

$6,715.00

On 3/22/2018 at 7:31 AM, Cal_Cobra said:

I believe this is their second generation of what amounts to a GPR in a detector format.

I'd imagine that as technology gets cheaper and cheaper to implement, so to will devices like this, and likely smaller.  Perhaps we'll eventually see that separate display logger integrated into a single hand held detector. 

No relation to GPR. This simply maps the VLF target signal to the screen, and builds up a full map in time. That's it. As far as depth of detection etc it's just a Nokta Impact, with the mapping system tacked on. I agree with Kostas 13.

The only thing interesting is the location system. GPS is not accurate enough. So it uses a visual tracking system to map the signal. The CTX 3030 is only giving you target id info - there is no positional info. It's more like GPZ 7000 GPS tracking combined with CTX type info. But it's less about painting a target id than a mapping of signal strength over an area.

Imagine a buried manhole cover. You use your detector and by tracing around determine there is something about a meter wide buried here. That’s all this system is doing, but putting that info on a screen.

From the User Manual (page 31):

Operating Principle: VLF
Operating Frequency: INVENIO: 14kHz     INVENIO Pro: 5kHz / 14kHz / 20kHz

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2