Regarding The 6" Coil

Skate

I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything new on the 6" coil. I've heard we may be a month away give or take a week. I know I'm not alone in saying this but the 6" is going to just kill it in parks and old trashy homesteads. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to that coil too, bet it'll be deadly at iron infested relic sites.   Hope it doesn't loose a lot of depth over the stock 11" coil, that'll be interesting to see.

The depth issue may be a problem on the relic side as I admit I'm only a relic hunter when I pull something up (that's not coins or jewelry) and someone smarter than me says that's a great find. :laugh:

For coins it's going to be like having a holographic scope on the end of your detector. 

I'm really hoping the cost is reasonable. I'll likely keep it on my 600 and the 11" coil will stay on the 800. 

3 minutes ago, Dubious said:

How soon can we expect Detech, Nel and others to come out with coils for the Equinox?

Maybe never?  Depends on the technology of the coil.  If it's a proprietary design like the ones for the CTX, it might have to be made by a Minelab partner, like Coiltek.   I'd love to see Detech, NEL or Mars make coils for it, the more options, the better. 

We definitely need a 10" x 4"/5"/6" closed design coil for relic hunting and prospecting, and a small coil for trash and iron. 

• Like 2

The Stock 11” Coil feels remarkably small in high trash compared to any detector I have run with that size coil..  I can’t imagine what the 6” will be like.. I’m actually looking more forward to the bigger coil for ground coverage..  Hopefully it will knock the edge off some of the tiny targets that the Equinox is so sensitive to.. 

I’m with you Cal Cobra.. A closed elliptical coil would be fantastic..

Bryan

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cabin Fever said:

The Stock 11” Coil feels remarkably small in high trash compared to any detector I have run with that size coil..  I can’t imagine what the 6” will be like.. I’m actually looking more forward to the bigger coil for ground coverage..  Hopefully it will knock the edge off some of the tiny targets that the Equinox is so sensitive to.. 

I’m with you Cal Cobra.. A closed elliptical coil would be fantastic..

Bryan

+1 (+2)

Minelab, how about a 6" elliptical coil like everyone else has? C'mon, it would be a huge success!

I've had my vendor hold my 15% military discount as a down payment for the 6" coil. I hope it isn't a long wait!