Video - Fisher F75 Versus Minelab Equinox

That is why I've kept my F75 as a backup:laugh:

On 3/24/2018 at 1:54 PM, phrunt said:

Nice videos, thanks.  The Equinox smashed it, but I bet the F75 was more comfortable :laugh:

Used my buddies 800 the other day for 4 hours. At first it seemed nose heavy and was starting to get to me, then I realized he had the lower rod extended too far. Shortened it up a notch and it made all the difference in the world.  I probably could have went another notch and still had it far enough in front of my feet to work but it would have cut into the swing width too much for my style.

Set the way I had it the balance felt just as good as an F75 with the added benefit of a little lower weight.

I give Minelab kudos for what is IMO a combination of good mechanical design and intuitive operation.

I talked to a friend yesterday who is one of the best Deus users out there. Many people are using his programs and I know of some accomplished Deus users who he has helped to step up their game. He got an equinox a few weeks ago and the other night talking to him I had to ask how the Equinox stacked up against the Deus. He told me he hasn't had enough time on the Equinox yet but he is very happy with it and thinks after more time on it he will find it's better than the Deus.

14 hours ago, Mike Haer said:

I talked to a friend yesterday who is one of the best Deus users out there. Many people are using his programs and I know of some accomplished Deus users who he has helped to step up their game. He got an equinox a few weeks ago and the other night talking to him I had to ask how the Equinox stacked up against the Deus. He told me he hasn't had enough time on the Equinox yet but he is very happy with it and thinks after more time on it he will find it's better than the Deus.

The fact that Deus users are even seriously asking that question is a real recommendation for the Nox, given how much more the Deus and its (expensive) coils cost.