Minelab Equinox 800 Vs White's V3i

I am still waiting for a good test and comparison on the E-800 vs the V3i.

I know the E-800 is far simpler but ............. How do these two stack up.

I let you know when I get my 800 (and learn it). I believe the 800 will have a edge. The V3i does have more features that can contribute to digging less junk. From what I understand about the 800 it doesn’t have the adjustments that the V3i has. This may be a good thing and it may not be. However, my initial feelings are both the machines have strengths and the better machine is determined by what you are using it for. But I’m looking forward to comparing them.

... tomorrow at a time compared to Whites Spectra V3 - 12x10 detech coil and Equinox 800 11 "coil...

1 hour ago, TrinityBigfoot said:

I let you know when I get my 800 (and learn it). I believe the 800 will have a edge. The V3i does have more features that can contribute to digging less junk. From what I understand about the 800 it doesn’t have the adjustments that the V3i has. This may be a good thing and it may not be. However, my initial feelings are both the machines have strengths and the better machine is determined by what you are using it for. But I’m looking forward to comparing them.

Yup , there is no doubt the 800 is more user friendly having less adjustable features but that is not a bad thing. I think that is where people have had the biggest issues with the V3i.

Also there is no doubt that the 800 appears to have a much quicker recovery time.... But as has been covered in previous posts that can be a good thing or a bad thing and With that said the V has a highly tunable recovery.

I don't do this because I think one is particularly better than the other I do this from a point of curiosity and to see if the V can mimic the 800 which with all of it's adjustments should be interesting to see. 

ML has really hit the ball out of the park with this new machine but I doubt I will be buying one. 

Happy hunting ......:smile:

So, for all of you V3i guys that may know...

A guy on another forum said that ML ripped off Whites V3i tech and came up with the Nox as a result and that ML has admitted this.. I'm skeptical but know nothing about Whites. Who developed this type of multi frequency first? Not that it really makes any difference but it's nice to set the record straight. Thanks.

Dean

• Haha 1

No rip-off.  Minelab, Whites and First Texas have all developed their own methodologies of generating and analyzing simultaneous (or even sequential) multi frequency signals.  the V3i was the first detector to offer both multi and single freq operation in a single machine, but that is an idea, the exact of “how” they did it is an invention (which might or might not be eligible for patent depending on whether someone has previously openly disclosed the design.  The software in it is copyright protected in any event.

Fisher and Minelab did multifrequency first in 1991.

In 2001 Whites produces the Beachhunter ID and DFX using multifrequency technology licensed from Minelab.

The V3i was developed in-house at Whites and released in 2009.

Now Minelab with Equinox in 2018, following a long line of BBS and FBS machines. It’s not like it popped out of nowhere. But I guess if it helps some V3i owner sleep better at night....

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/3193-selectable-frequency-and-multiple-frequency/

Personally, the only reason I keep my V3i at this point is to run my BigFoot coil.

whites-v3i-vx3-versus-minelab-equinox.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Minelab Equinox 800 Vs White's V3i
Guest calabash digger

There is a guy down here who is a v3i wizard. I'm going to TRY and get him to come here and test it against the 800..keep your fingers crossed.

Well CD I know you are going to be looking mainly at the performance issues.  But if it does happen you would then have another multi-freq vs multi-freq and be able to look at how that EMI hits both machines.  I'm not betting on either being better than the other, but it will just provide a little more information overall.  Thanks for all that work, I know it is time consuming and takes some drive to keep doing it while taking some arrows to the "behind".  As the man said, "it all looks easy from the cheap seats".

1 hour ago, calabash digger said:

There is a guy down here who is a v3i wizard. I'm going to TRY and get him to come here and test it against the 800..keep your fingers crossed.

This will be interesting to see.  Fingers crossed.