Some Finds From Hunts

That is so cool to have so much history under your feet. There are so many stories in all those 3 ringers and buttons. Great job on the recoveries. 

Awesome finds and fantastic write-up about what you've observed.  Over the years I remember your posts of hunting in all metal mode for CW bullet in highly mineralized fields.

Quote:

"Site 3 is my bullet fields.  If you've known me over the years on the forums, I talk about this place a lot.  HIGHLY mineralized soil.  The only VLFs to work in it are the ones with all metal modes.  It generally takes a pulse machine to pull anything out of here any more.  I have several videos of detectors at this place failing to produce signals on bullets we've located and then live dug.  Some HEAVY hitting machines too.  The Nox was a surprise here.  It was best to run it in Field 2 or Park 2 mode with iron disc turned off...these bullets were deeper because we've hammered it with pulse machines and anything shallower or mid range has been picked over.  Just to be able to pick up a bullet there past 6 inches is really saying something.  These were coming in down to 11 inches in disc mode.  I was super happy after this hunt."  

Actually you were very instrumental in my decision to buy a PI machine to hunt similar sites in my area many years ago.  I might add, the largest gold ring ever found was with my PI at the location I bought the PI for in the first place.  Thanks to you. 

The weather here has hampered my hunting trips, either below freezing and high winds or at least one snow storm each week since I received my Equinox.  And another snow storm is due to day (6-8"), but spring is around the corner.

• Like 1

I am a coin shooter but this thing amazing. I have had this thing since the 14th of March and  13 hours on it.  The pile of coins on the left are from heavily hunted parks using my E-Trac from Jan 2,  till March 13th and the pile on the right is a new park with the Equinox 800 in 13 hours. There is over $20 in clad quarters and I never counted the dimes or pennies.

5ab67e958f8bf_eqinox800pic.thumb.jpg.6534ebc39ee19faf878ccb7a5c573615.jpg

• Like 3

I did $4.91 this morning in 1-1/2 hours and $3.77 yesterday morning in 1 hour. I found a park I know has been hunted but most people pass it by thinking it is hunted out. The deepest coin I found at that park has been 6" most in the top 2". I am hitting it again in the morning. I try not to attract attention so I go at daybreak. I know of an unhunted old soccer field I am hitting next. After I get to learn the machine well i am going to try relic hunting and going to AZ sometime this year after I am confident in my ability with it to try for some gold