My Russian RIF Ranger Coil For My Fisher F75 Showed Up Yesterday

Pretty fast shipping. The shipped it on the 12th and I picked it up at the post office on the 26th. 15 days from Russia to New Mexico, USA.

Good looking coil. Not too heavy but it does add a little front end weight on the F75. I get a lot EMI in the house but the limited bench testing was good on the F75 LTD. I tried it on the F19 and F5, too. Works great on the F5. Works on the F19 too, but not as well as the F5 and F75.

I'll post a review in a couple of weeks after I get some time on the ground with it. But from the quick bench testing I did last night I can already tell it will do what I bought it to do.

HH
Mike

RIF Ranger 14" x 10" DD Coil

post-1-0-14178000-1422394102_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Steve,

Thanks for adding the coil picture!

Mike

Happy to, I wanted to see what it looked like. Reminds me of my Infinium 14" x 10", nice looking coil. If you get the chance, can you get an exact weight on it for us? I do not trust published weights. I have actually heard of manufacturers excluding the cable weight, as if that is not part of the coil.

• Like 1

Doc, They make three sizes; Smart=5x8 DD, Ranger=10x14 DD, and Turbo=14.5 DD

There are reviews on YouTube, but they are in Russian.

RIF Ranger 14x10:

RIF Smart 5x8:

RIF Turbo 14.5:

HH

Mike

• 10 months later...

Steve,

Most of my urban EMI is too much for it on the F75 even with DST.    But I do like it on my 7.8 kHz units well enough for my sports field hunting.   I like the ground coverage and the depth is ok for what I'm using it for.  That is pretty much the only reason I still have it.

Not a coil I'd recommend to a friend.

HH
Mike

• Like 1