Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Compatibility

Bhogg

19 hours ago, Bhogg said:

Hi All

I was just wondering if there’s a way to use other Wireless Bluetooth headphones/ Earbuds instead of the one’s that came with the detector?.

Just asking as my ears can get quite sweaty with the over ear headphones on during summer months and it’d be great if I could use another option. 

As I’m sure many others I’m guessing would be in the same vote as myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I like the Sennheiser CX 6.00 low latency aptx earbuds, $99  on amazon. Whatever you get, I would recommend the low latency version of aptx, not regular aptx. Some don't seem to notice it, but at least for me, the difference in lag is noticeable.

• Like 1

I've read in some other forums that some Nox users are using Apple's wireless buds, and seem to like them.

• Like 1

I’ve currently got the  Back Beat Fit  but I’m having trouble getting them to connect. 

I’ll keep trying I guess, the detector itself doesn’t have to be on only the Bluetooth module and headphones/ Bluetooth earbuds correct?

Cheers

1 hour ago, Bhogg said:

I’ve currently got the  Back Beat Fit  but I’m having trouble getting them to connect. 

I’ll keep trying I guess, the detector itself doesn’t have to be on only the Bluetooth module and headphones/ Bluetooth earbuds correct?

Cheers

The WM 08 is not a Bluetooth module. You don't need the module to use Bluetooth headphones. Bluetooth headphones pair directly with the detector. You might need to find directions for the black beat fit to see how to get them into pairing mode, but first try this...

• Turn on your detector, push and hold the wireless button on the right side for 5 seconds, you should see the icon start to flash rapidly.
  • Then turn on your headphones. The detector first looks for the WM 08 module to pair with for 15 seconds, then it looks for Bluetooth, so after 15 seconds you will see the Bluetooth icon start to flash rapidly.
  • Make sure the headphones remain near the detector and they should pair up after a minute or so.
  • After they pair, then they will reconnect automatically when you turn both on.
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes you have to put the BT headphones/earbuds in pairing mode not just powered on, for them to connect .  For the Back Beat Fits, this requires you to hold the power on button on the Fits until you see red and blue flashing lights.  If the Equinox is in paring mode as described by Dukester above, then they should pair.  Test lag/latency out with a buried, small target (e.g. dime) to see if it is tolerable with non-AptX phones/buds such as the Fits.  Significant lag will manifest itself as the target beep appearing to occur in two diffrent spots on the ground and an inability to establish a tight coil wiggle pattern over the target (i.e., for a solid target such as a small,  flat coin, you should be able to just slightly wiggle the center fore-aft spine of the coil (i.e., the coil active region) over target edges and get a repeatable, fast beep).  Bury the target so you don't experience coil edge triple beeps that occur with very shallow or above ground targets.  HTH.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Slightly off topic, but will hearing aids that have bluetooth pair up with the Equinox?

I tried today a few different ways and didn't have any luck. 

On 4/1/2018 at 4:43 AM, Bhogg said:

Cheers

There is no “Bluetooth module”. You have to pair Bluetooth items directly to the detector. The module uses Minelab’s proprietary Wi-Stream technology and is included as an alternative to Bluetooth. You have to pair the module to the detector, then plug headphones into it. There is no way to pair anything but the detector to the module.

minelab-equinox-ml80-headphones-instruct

9203AFA3-E0AE-4972-9308-ABB3D23089C4.jpeg

17 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

Slightly off topic, but will hearing aids that have bluetooth pair up with the Equinox?

I tried today a few different ways and didn't have any luck. 

Would just depend on the hearing aids. If they can be paired to a phone, they can most likely be paired to the Equinox. I have an older set of hearing aids but they only pair to their own proprietary module. Time for new ones! :smile:

Thanks Steve. I have tried several times and so far no luck. I'm open to suggestions.

• 3 months later...