Frying Sound When Turn On Sport W/6” Coil

Tom

I sent you a PM and if you have the time tomorrow I can play it so you can hear.

Thanks Tom for wanting to help me. This frying just started with the 6” coil but all have it now but more so with the 6”.

Chuck

Chuck

This is to let all know that White’s is on my problem. Tom called and working with him I do believe he ( Tom ) knows what the trouble is already. Oh yes it will have to make a trip back home but White’s will get it fixed.

We are very lucky to have Tom from White’s that visit here often and so willing to help when the need be.

Chuck

• Like 3

Well Tom gave me a call and we done some testing to narrow the trouble down on my Sport.

He was thinking it could be the speaker. So to check it he had me to connect the adapter cable for regular headphones . It cut off the speaker in the detector as it should but when I plugged in the headphones to hear the frying I heard nothing. This was the first time ever connecting the adapter cable. I just never had the need for headphones. So I really don’t know how long this trouble has been with me. Like said what I heard was nothing no frying and not even the sound the detector makes.

It will make the trip back to White’s tomorrow. 

I just want to say Thanks to Tom.

Chuck

• Like 1

From what it’s worth department I got my Sport off today for White’s Electronic. It cost a little money but they will receive it this Thursday. I was in hopes that something would have been said about White’s sending me a shipping label but that was not the case. I don’t think I’m short on something to hunt with but just want what I paid for back in my hands.

When you got people that work for the different detector companies and come on here makes us very fortunate to have them.

I think the reason they do is most of us welcome them with open arms. We show we like their product and they in turn are more than willing to help us.

I know of some that has help me didn’t make s dime off of me and would been better off if I didn’t buy that detector from them for the money they spent. Yet not one has told me we have had enough of you and don’t bother us again.

I like to give credit where credit is due!

Chuck

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well I got my Sport back today . I really didn’t get my Sport back but a new one. This Sport hasn’t a serial number inside the battery compartment but it came back with my arm rest .

I’d sent it in with the new 6” coil that I didn’t know it had trouble at the time. When I got the 6” coil I notice the frying sound right away so I never got to test it out. I was hoping to get another coil back but the trouble with it hadn’t been cleared yet when they shipped it back. So now I’ve got to send it back again.

The good side is the new MX Sport is working great as best I can tell. I will be doing more test before I can truly say. I’d plan on selling my Sport and buying the MX 7 because I was thinking of less weight but after reading it’s not a 1/2 pound difference between the two. I’d take a good hit selling the Sport and I’m thinking why do that. I was just thinking I don’t need two waterproof Detectors but now am keeping it.

Chuck