6 Inch Coil Available May Or June!

mn90403

When I put myself on the waiting list for the 800 with my dealer, I told him to immediately put me on the waiting list for all coils, headphones and other accessories that will be released by Minelab. He agreed, and I'm #1 on the list for the additions when they become available!

Of course, I'm STILL waiting for my 800... I'm #5 on his list. In the meantime, I have a 600 being delivered early next week, and the possibility is that one of the other coils may be released BEFORE I get my 800. No problem! I'll take it!  LOL!

Wow!  I didn't know what the order delivery status was at the present time.  I think now in retrospect that it has been nice to have the 800 for a month or so but I don't have the parks and fields to hunt in where it shines the most.  I'm thinking the 6" coil will add a lot to my desert nugget hunting but who knows ... the original coil may be the ultimate ticket.

Steve has used both ... what does he say about his 6" coil?

Mitchel

27 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Steve has used both ... what does he say about his 6" coil?

Mitchel

Steve H?  I missed that one.  Did not know Steve had the opportunity to use anything other than the stock coil.  At least that's what I remember him saying a while back when asked about whether ML had given him the opportunity during testing.  Would be great info if he is,at liberty to discuss it.

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Chuck,

You are leading a charmed life.  You get to come home to a different woman every day after your hunt.

:rolleyes:

Mitchel

You know what this caused me to think of?

Everyone knows the definition of insanity, right?  'Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.'

Aren't all of us metal detectorists then insane?  We go over the same ground, the same locations over and over again and expect different results!  Granted, sometimes it is with a different metal detector or coil but often times it isn't until we get the last target.

We're an insane lot I guess.

Mitchel

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Steve H?  I missed that one.  Did not know Steve had the opportunity to use anything other than the stock coil.  At least that's what I remember him saying a while back when asked about whether ML had given him the opportunity during testing.  Would be great info if he is,at liberty to discuss it.

I could have it wrong.  :unsure:

• Like 1

I am waiting on the 6" coil as well.

HOWEVER, I have a sneaking suspicion that the 6" coil will be $299 -- the same as the 6" coil on the CTX.  I hope I am wrong, but if not...OUCH!

Steve

12 hours ago, WesH said:

I want that 6 inch coil for a go in the hydraulic pits on small gold.  

Wes,

The Gold Monster with the 5" coil is amazing on tiny gold. We found 3 pieces yesterday. Two that are so small that they won't even register on my scale.

Matt

Matt,

Good point.

I don't know how many ways we need to find fly specs.

Mitchel

• Like 1
  • Haha 1