I Have Joined The League Of 600 Owners Waiting For An 800

Guest Tnsharpshooter

SittingElf,

Wish I could join you.

Hitting those old base housing spots.

Should be some foreign coins in there too.

No telling what kind of uniform trinkets you'll find.

This is by far the best metal detecting forum on the internet. The thing that make it so much better than the other forums is Steve. He is a metal detecting expert and participates. He has answered most of my questions by posting on the forum before I could ask.  Aside from Steve there are a few more guys that are experts that frequent this forum and help others.

Since I joined this forum I rarely ever visit the other forums. 

Actually I am tired of being scolded. I tried to help a guy with selecting a good dealer and I have bought stuff from about 5 and all been good. One of the names I told him didn't advertise on the forum so they scolded me and deleted my post.. Fair is fair. I private messaged the guy and deleted their forum..

• Like 3

Can't say enough good things about this forum. It is what a forum should be.  Tim

• Thanks 1

I have kind of beat this horse a few times now but I do think in the long run the 600 is going to be the big seller. Absolutely amazing the feature set it packs for $600 and there is very, very little an 800 will find that a 600 would miss entirely. That includes gold nuggets. Obviously us forum denizens lean in favor of top end models and having “the best” but for the vast majority of regular more casual metal detecting types out there an Equinox 600 is all the detector needed. I would gladly go head to head with a Equinox 600 versus pretty much any other brand and model of detector doing almost anything and not feel like I would be seriously outgunned. And in almost every case there will be something the Equinox 600 will be able to do that the other machine can’t do at all.

Just one example. Let’s go relic hunt with an Equinox 600 and a Nokta Impact. Now, that’s going to be a tough competition, but the Impact won’t have me running scared, even though it costs a couple hundred more. I think I could handle that challenge well.

Now it’s my turn. Equinox 600 versus Impact in five feet of saltwater. Winner by default, Equinox. Not fair, should have used the waterproof Multi Kruzer? Sorry, true multifrequency wins in saltwater over selectable single frequency. The Multi Kruzer might handle saltwater as well as any detector can running in a single frequency, but Multi-IQ will eat its lunch in saltwater. Same goes for AT Max and MX Sport. Strong competition in every other way, but put saltwater into the mix and it’s Equinox by a mile.

And that is the way it goes down the line. Chose almost any detector you want, and an Equinox will go toe to toe against that detector at whatever it does best. But Equinox can then in turn do something very well that other detector can’t do at all or at best only halfway well.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that bang for the buck across a broad range of uses there is nothing that comes even close to the Equinox 600.

Equinox 600 Versus Equinox 800

minelab-equinox-600-800-compared.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Not a chance. Not even remotely. The Equinox 600 is not competing with the Equinox 800.

Time will tell but there are not huge waiting lists for the 600 is there? Tells me that most people want the 800, not the 600 and why would future sale be any different?

Because I think you are confusing early forum driven purchases with what happens at the longer run genuine retail level. All the forums combined and all the people that frequent them are a tiny market segment. Watching what happens on forums tells you very little about what the best sellers are and where the real volume is with metal detector sales overall. I made my living for decades knowing what sells and what does not when it comes to metal detectors, and it’s not the big buck machines. The AT Pro is one of the most successful, highest volume sold, biggest buck makers ever in metal detector retail. Believe what you want, and we can compare notes in a year. Hey, I can be wrong! :smile:

• Like 2

Wait till people start showing gold rings they found with their 600 on you tube and the forums and then the 600 will start moving fast. It's the early adaptors... the hard core detectorists that are buying the 800.. the ones that want all that features that are making the 800 sell. These are the early posters on the forums...The average guy will go for the 600 once they realize it's almost as good. IMHO

strick

• Like 1