Eq800 5th & 6th Hunts Field2 & Park2

10 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

For this site I used Park2, and ran it hot with the gain between 22-24, even was able to run it at 25, but found it started to like deep nails at 25. 

Just curious Cal, what were your recovery and iron bias settings?  And were you in 50 tone with stock disc?  I have been doing more "in the field" testing with park 2, and I find it definitely hits on smaller targets than park 1, which is good and bad, depending on the site. I was just wondering how you weaved your way around the iron falsing running sensitivity that high.  In my ground, the sweet spot is around 20-22... but that may have more to do with my other settings than what the ground can handle with proper settings and a higher sens. 

Thanks for the awesome and inspiring report!!  Tim.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, strick said:

Nice period stuff there...glad to see the nox is working well for you. So which program do you like better P2 or F2? 

strick

Thanks!  I like both, F2 seems to be great for relicky environments, and I can’t complain about   P2, seems pretty deep for sure and loves coins ?

In retrospect, when I was hunting those deep coins, I should’ve tried different modes to see how they reacted, BUT I was having so much fun detecting I didn’t want to turn it into a science project. 

Notice that I didn’t do any video, nor did I post to one of my usual forums as it’s turned into a circus every time the Equinox is mentioned.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Cal, nice hunt as has been said.  I'm from down Jacksonville way so I can understand your videos pretty good too.  One thing I have to ask about is that name, Cobra ... how did you get that?

Mitchel

Thanks!  

My screenname is from my old days of video games.

2 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

Just curious Cal, what were your recovery and iron bias settings?  And were you in 50 tone with stock disc?  I have been doing more "in the field" testing with park 2, and I find it definitely hits on smaller targets than park 1, which is good and bad, depending on the site. I was just wondering how you weaved your way around the iron falsing running sensitivity that high.  In my ground, the sweet spot is around 20-22... but that may have more to do with my other settings than what the ground can handle with proper settings and a higher sens. 

Thanks for the awesome and inspiring report!!  Tim.

Stock settings aside from the sensitivity, 50 tones, auto GB, noise cancel, seems to run well without further adjustments.

i do need to start doing more scientific testing trying various settings to see how they work, and where they can be leveraged to maximize performance, unmasking and return a higher amount of keepers versus trash.

I’m implementing the crawl/walk/run learning methodology, and would still consider myself in the crawl phase.

Thanks,

Brian

1 minute ago, Cal_Cobra said:

I’m implementing the crawl/walk/run learning methodology, and would still consider myself in the crawl phase.

Thanks Brian,

Yes, hear you.  I feel like I'm still in the "laying on my back crying" phase.. haha.  Tim.

• Like 1

I agree about those parks everyone gave up I was told this park wasn't worth the effort so I stayed away until I got my 800.  Then  someone seen me hitting the park hard that and  I have had to dodge his plugs for 3 days and still pulling up $5+ in clad everyday and two rings and other stuff.  He must have gave up because this morning I hit a clear area and pulled up $5.17 in clad plus a Sacagawea $1 in less than one hour this morning. Started at 7:30 am and finished at 8:20 because they had to mow the park.  Without a doubt this is the easiest detector there is out of the box. By saying that I mean if all you know is how to adjust the sensitivity you can slaughter coins. I thought I was going to need a mining permit on several coins in the 10" - 12" range and they rang up very clear but the signal was softer so I knew they were deep. I only use my Lesche trowel in parks to keep my holes at a minimum and very hard to see after I put the plug back and stomp it down.  I have only lived in MS about 5 yrs so I really don't know any old homesites so I been traveling around to different parks and most of which are hit hard by locals and tourists. 

• Like 3

Headphones -  I turn off the 800 and then reach up to the earcup and press the off button and listen for the descending tone. Then I tuck them away in the travel case. The itsy bitsy teeny weenie lights that indicate on or off are hard for me to see in the daylight.

Rich (Utah) 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Rich (Utah) said:

Headphones -  I turn off the 800 and then reach up to the earcup and press the off button and listen for the descending tone. Then I tuck them away in the travel case. The itsy bitsy teeny weenie lights that indicate on or off are hard for me to see in the daylight.

Rich (Utah) 

That was my plan, except the buttons all feel about the same when the phones are still on my head, shame the POWER button doesn't have a tit or something tactile so it stands out when your sausage fingers are probing around trying to discern when button is which :rolleyes:

Yes those tiny lights are useless, especially in the sun.

Cal Cobra -- GREAT report, GREAT hunting!

OUTSTANDING!!

Steve

• Like 1

Great Report. You've got me really excited about receiving my 800. If you find yourself too busy to detect in a couple of months, you can send your 800 to me to keep the cobwebs off it. Who knows, it may take that long to receive mine. :biggrin:

• Like 1