There is a very noticeable latency with the wireless ML 80 headphones that come with the equinox 800, the WM-08 module really is a lot faster (like the manual says) and makes it so much easier to visualize the target in the ground.

There will always be some latency due to processing the detector has to do but the ML-80 headphones really made it painful to pinpoint and visualize a targets location IMO and this probably applies to all aptx and aptx LL (low latency) devices I’m afraid.

Just thought I’d put that out there for anyone who’s had trouble or wants to enhance their detector further! ?

I've not actually noticed such a great difference.  You might try resetting the EQ and try pairing again. 

Something sounds wrong, my ML80's have been great!  No discernable lag, and the pinpointing has been world class. 

Also over the weekend I tried pairing the headphones to my iPhone and the Equinox at the same time. I knew if paired to both you could hear if a call was coming in on your smartphone, but little did I know that the headphones have a mic and you can take the call right from the ML80 headphones, and the audio quality was clear for me and the person on the call. 

Anyone know how to answer the call from the headphones and not have to take out your phone?

I dont notice much of a lag but there is something lacking in the wireless headphones. This may be just speculation on my part  because I have not tried my WM-08 module and my usual top of the line head phones. I'm used to the CTX and it's Combined tones which is not available in the Nox.. Charged the WM-08 tonight and will try this week. Thanks for posting!

strick 

Granted I only have about 6 hours on each but I have the ML 80 on the 800 and the wm 08 on the 600, and they seem identical to me, not certain about noticing latency when in recovery speed 8- just not enough use to be sure, but certainly not obvious. If I ever notice a lag when in recovery speed 8 I'll swap the two around. 

I never use the WM08 myself. The WM08 is faster than aptX Bluetooth but the lag on the included ML80 headphones is so minimal as to not bother me at all. They certainly do not impede me pinpointing or visualizing the target location in any way. I feel just the opposite as the original poster and think the WM08 should have been left out and that 1/8” to 1/4” wired headphone adapter included instead, along with a universal USB power adapter.

Related Thread On ML80

• Like 6

Maybe there is latency due to interference as that can happen with Bluetooth but I think I’m just acutely aware latency because of my excessive gaming as I’ve always noticed input latency in-game. ?

if I visualise it in recovery speed 4 with average swing speed its like the target beeps on the edge of coil with ML-80 and much closer to middle with WM08.

Im certain there is a difference but maybe there is something wrong, did factory reset but no difference.

I want to like the full wireless set up but can’t!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I never use the WM08 myself. It is faster but the lag on the included ML80 headphones is so minimal as to not bother me at all. They certainly do not impede me pinpointing or visualizing the target location in any way. I feel just the opposite as the original poster and think the WM08 should have been left out and that 1/8” to 1/4” wired headphone adapter included instead, along with a universal USB power adapter. 

Agreed. My WM08 will never get used.  

• Like 1