kiwijw

I Take Phrunt On A Mountain Hike Mission

What a great day! Thanks for taking us along! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

great country to hunt you guys congrats on your finds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That is one very enjoyable story.  I would have loved to see the 800 at work.  Maybe in the next trip!  You got to go again for sure!

Thanks for the fantastic post!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good times alright, if I get the pleasure of going back there I'll run the Equinox for a while next time.  I bought it as a wanted a Gold detector to cover more ground than my Monster, then when the time comes I didn't use it :wacko:

I'd have to rely on kiwijw for the return trip someday, I'd never find the place myself and would never feel confident going that far away from civilisation by myself with no phone reception as I'd probably twist an ankle or something and get stuck there :smile:   Although we did see a female hiker out there by herself, wandering around.

I am starting to feel more confident on my Equinox now after my trip to the ski fields with it which I posted about in forums the other day.

John did find a bit of gold with his Zed on ground I am 100% certain I swung my Monster over, it was the biggest bit of the day but must of been too deep for my Monster, I am wondering if the Equinox with its multi frequency especially the 20khz range may of found it, it was the biggest nugget of the day and within the depth a VLF should hit but maybe the higher frequency of the Monster was just not punching deep enough to find it.    Just my theory but maybe, just maybe if I was on the Equinox I might of had 3 for the day :smile:

• Like 1

Pics are superbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RR

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice job.  Sounds like Simon is getting some great learning time.  JW, awesome of you to share and help others.   Also, I was wondering of your method of hiking in both machines (ZED and GM)?  I found that for the GM I could put on a 2" strap and just throw it over my shoulder.  I use prussik knots to put loops where I need them and it works pretty well.  The ZED.... well that just goes over my shoulder like I am carrying a 2x4.  LOL

• Haha 1