kiwijw

I Take Phrunt On A Mountain Hike Mission

Thanks John! I'm in research mode at the moment :smile:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Thanks John! I'm in research mode at the moment :smile:

Good for you. :biggrin: That Chapman road reserve is the one we drove past that I pointed out to you & gave a bit of a prattle on. :smile: I can get a bit carried away at times:rolleyes:

JW :smile:

That link is good, surprising about the very localised salt deposits.  I remember you talking about one as we drove past it.  It was good to learn how they actually formed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

Good for you. :biggrin: That Chapman road reserve is the one we drove past that I pointed out to you & gave a bit of a prattle on. :smile: I can get a bit carried away at times:rolleyes:

JW :smile:

No, all information is helpful, I appreciate it.  One of the best parts of the missions is all the information you give me on the travel there. :smile:

Now after that book I'm all interested in finding myself a giant chunk of greenstone :laugh:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

No, all information is helpful, I appreciate it.  One of the best parts of the missions is all the information you give me on the travel there. :smile:

Now after that book I'm all interested in finding myself a giant chunk of greenstone :laugh:

Ha ha...A good read aye.

JW :smile:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kiwijw said:

Ha ha...A good read aye.

JW :smile:

yup! but If I'm going to find myself a dirty great big slab of greenstone I'd be using some of the money from it to get my own helicopter and helicopter license!   Oh I wish I had a helicopter! 

For those wondering what we are talking about, there is a brilliant book called Gold and Greenstone by a NZ best selling author.  It's not easily attainable in other countries as a paperback but it's for sale as an ebook on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Greenstone-Collected-Stories-Book-ebook/dp/B0785FT5HY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1524031141&sr=8-1&keywords=gold+and+greenstone

I would think anyone interested in Gold prospecting would find it a good read, and even my wife loved it and she's not at all interested in my hobby :smile:

51qAWBX3u6L._SX413_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

kiwijw lent me the book, all part of teaching me to become a gold prospector. :laugh: