Missing My Equinox 800 While It's In For Repair

Norm S

I did buy a 600 more as a backup when the 800 batteries are low and to have a spare if someone is visiting and wants to go detecting.

I can't understand the shaft wobble unless they have the shaft extended to the max. My shaft was very tight and the cam lock was tight as well. I wonder if some of the guys didn't put the neoprene washers in where the coil connects. I only read a few of the FM posts. Since I found this forum I rarely go to FM or Tnet. 

Minelab told me they would try and have my 800 back to me by Wed. the 12th.  Just in case they don't I bought a 600 which I hope will be here by Wed. I think it was a smart move by Minelab to service detectors themselves rather than have Kellyco be their service rep. 

I guess I am not that good at math because I counted all my clad I found with my 800 last night and I was surprised that I had $78.40 not counting pennies. I thought I had like $67.00.  I was hoping to find $100 by the time I had it 3 weeks but it bit the dust 3 days to early. Not sure if I would have found another $22.60 in 3 days but if I knew I was that close I would have stayed out a few extra hours to get it, 

Does anyone know what a 2 yr old E-Trac is worth. No extra coils or accessories..  I am going to need to sell it because when the wife finds out I bought the 600 she will surely find $650 to buy something for herself. 

• Haha 1

I am happy with my 800 and it shouldn't be long before my second is here . But i wont be selling my other machines for a long time .

The ET and Explorer 11 will only be replaced by a ET replacement and i think that wont be for some time . I went out with the Nox earlier today but didn't find much and on its ninth trip failed to find a Gem like all 8 others . 

So on Tuesday i will take the ET out with me , its first trip out since late 2016 . If the beaches haven't built up further it should be interesting to see if i have left anything behind using the Nox .