Equinox 800 Wireless Phones Made By Miccus?

It’s being reported that the Minelab ML80 headphones that come with the Equinox 800 are made in China by Miccus. Specifically, the Miccus SR-71 Stealth Headphones. They do appear to be the same headphones, and at $60 probably less than the ML80 will cost from Minelab. Who knows, since Minelab is still not listing Equinox accessories for sale.

Anyway, there are very many wireless alternatives out there, but I thought this might interest Equinox 600 owners at least. Most sites showing the SR-71 for sale are currently sold out, so perhaps people are taking advantage of this already.

Miccus SR-71 Owner’s Manual

1957904D-7472-45ED-B977-3A77D8B75703.jpeg

• Like 2

Wow!

Edit: I just looked for them on amazon and they are set to unavailable.  I see them for sale elsewhere, but it makes me wonder if the word spreads like wildfire if the manufacturer will jack up the price or stop the sale of it.

This is correct, Steve.  These Miccus phones are the same as the Minelab ones. 

However, there are several other companies selling these, as well.  I'm not sure if Miccus is the actual manufacturer over in China, or not; there is a factory producing them (not sure of the company name), and then several companies are labelling these phones with their own company name -- Miccus, Trond, etc.  Basically, the headphones are a model "BT80" headphone, and there are two kinds of "BT80" -- one with aptX, (with Qualcomm CSR8635 or CSR8645 chip), and one with aptX PLUS aptX low-latency (with Qualcomm CSR8670 chip).  Both of these versions of the BT80 come with the same charging cord, the same male-to-male aux cable, and the same case, as the Minelab phones.

I now have a couple different pairs, since I lost the original Minelab ones that came with my EQ (long story!)

Steve

• Like 1

They might be sold out solely because all the allocation went to Minelab. 

Probably could figure out who made them by pairing them to your computer with some kind of bluetooth integration software, I'm sure it's out there. 

As much as I liked these headphones in the beginning I have used them so much now that I have the 'peeling effect' with these also.

What is the 'peeling effect?'  It is when you are ready to take your headphones off and the pain of doing it makes you want to keep them on.  You feel like you are peeling them off.  Ouch!  What can be worse is when you feel them start to hurt in the middle of a session and you begin to adjust them on your head.  Nothing will make them comfortable again for long.

I'll be searching for a larger, over the ear backup or replacement before I would buy another pair of these.

Mitchel

12 hours ago, steveg said:

Basically, the headphones are a model "BT80" headphone, and there are two kinds of "BT80" -- one with aptX, (with Qualcomm CSR8635 or CSR8645 chip), and one with aptX PLUS aptX low-latency (with Qualcomm CSR8670 chip).  Both of these versions of the BT80 come with the same charging cord, the same male-to-male aux cable, and the same case, as the Minelab phones.

This would appear to be the key factor for anyone shopping for these headphones. I see steveg got a set and now has them for sale because he only got the aptX version, not the aptX Low Latency set. So anyone looking for the BT80 version to replace the Minelab ML80 needs to be sure it’s the low latency version.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mn90403 said:

As much as I liked these headphones in the beginning I have used them so much now that I have the 'peeling effect' with these also.

What is the 'peeling effect?'  It is when you are ready to take your headphones off and the pain of doing it makes you want to keep them on.  You feel like you are peeling them off.  Ouch!  What can be worse is when you feel them start to hurt in the middle of a session and you begin to adjust them on your head.  Nothing will make them comfortable again for long.

I'll be searching for a larger, over the ear backup or replacement before I would buy another pair of these.

Mitchel

Avantree Audition Pro (the "Pro" is the LL version, important). $69. Headset and Earcups are large and comfortable, at least for me.

• Like 2