Equinox 800 Wireless Phones Made By Miccus?

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

This would appear to be the key factor for anyone shopping for these headphones. I see steveg got a set and now has them for sale because he only got the aptX version, not the aptX Low Latency set. So anyone looking for the BT80 version to replace the Minelab ML80 needs to be sure it’s the low latency version.

Yep.  I bought the aptX non-LL ones because I got a good deal on them, and hadn't found a set of the LL ones in stock yet.  A few days later, I found the LL ones in stock, so I opted for them.  I have heard some folks in some places say that regular aptX seems to be fast enough for no perceivable delay, but I can't verify, as I have never tried them.

Steve

51 minutes ago, Nuke em said:

Only have one thing to say about those headphones . Oh dear !

What don't you like about them?  I really like them...

Steve

8 minutes ago, steveg said:

What don't you like about them?  I really like them...

Steve

No where near as good sound as Gray Ghosts . It was the same with the Koss. I do beaches nearly all the time and need very clear tones , Koss and the new ones have muffled sounds .

OK, gotcha Nuke em.

I plan to run my Pro Golds through the WM08 at some point, just to compare, but honestly I like these Bluetooth phones well enough that I haven't bothered to do so yet.

Back when I first started running Explorers, I went for a year or so with the Koss phones, and I thought they were just fine.  But people kept insisting I should upgrade, so I tried Pro Golds, and I REALLY like them (and have used them ever since).  And yes, once I got used to them, it did make the Koss phones seem like they were a bit "muffled," not as "clear."  So I get what you are saying...

Steve

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dubious said:

Avantree Audition Pro (the "Pro" is the LL version, important). $69. Headset and Earcups are large and comfortable, at least for me.

Thanks, I just ordered a pair.

Mitchel

I sold my Minelab wireless phones after using them once. No where near as crisp and sharp as running my Killer B's thru the WM08. They sounded muffled or hollow to me, but, that's just my opionion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nuke em said:

Only have one thing to say about those headphones . Oh dear !

Miccus or Avantree?  I'm getting along fine with the Avantree Audition Pro--just came back from using them again. I also use the Sennheiser CX 6.00 earbuds when I don't feel like over the ear headphones. They also work well for me.

7 hours ago, Dubious said:

Miccus or Avantree?  I'm getting along fine with the Avantree Audition Pro--just came back from using them again. I also use the Sennheiser CX 6.00 earbuds when I don't feel like over the ear headphones. They also work well for me.

The ones in the box. 

On 4/7/2018 at 9:00 PM, Dubious said:

I used the Avantree for the first time today.  It took a bit of adjusting after I got them connected.  I was hoping I could use the 800 at less than full volume (25) and use the power of the headphones.  It seems I have to go no lower then 23 on the 800 and try to max out the headphones.  When I did this is sometimes seemed distorted?  My hunt was complicated by few targets.  One target I did find came in at 37-39 and I could tell it was larger.  When I dug it in the salt water it was an iPhone 8.

It reminded me that I can hear signals with the 800 but I don't get a sense of mass.  There is a broad area of detecting the target but not a 'grab you' type of signal that this same iPhone would have made with the 3030.

Mitchel

Maybe I should try my WM08 module while I still have wired headphones to see if I can tell any difference.  I personally love the wireless ability and convenience, but IF the sound is better in such a way that it would aid you in getting more keepers, deeper targets, or digging less trash, then maybe there's something to it.  To be honest though, I'd just assume plug the wired headphones into the detector then mess with a wireless box, that really doesn't give you a wireless solution.