I Guess I‘m In.. Kind Of Logbook

Hi Matt! Let's just say "Results may vary." ?

• Like 2

Yup, what Terry said. If two people listen to 100 targets, they will differ as to how much stuff they dig as being “good targets” and “bad targets”. In other words, what one person may decide is a trash target may be good enough sounding to dig to the other person. We vary in how aggressively we reject trash, which goes hand in hand with potentially missing good items.

Then add the fact that the local trash mix varies tremendously and how much it interferes with your detecting depends on the targets you hunt and how much local trash reads the same.

This leads to situations where one person says “this works for me” and another says “it does not work for me”. It’s not a matter of making things up or anything, and no reason for anyone to take offense or argue. So whether it worked for Sinclair or not I will just say thanks staffydog33 for sharing your advice. Even if it does not help Sinclair it may help someone else, and helping others is a large reason for this forums existence.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Yup, what Terry said. If two people listen to 100 targets, they will differ as to how much stuff they dig as being “good targets” and “bad targets”. In other words, what one person may decide is a trash target may be good enough sounding to dig to the other person. We vary in how aggressively we reject trash, which goes hand in hand with potentially missing good items.

Then add the fact that the local trash mix varies tremendously and how much it interferes with your detecting depends on the targets you hunt and how much local trash reads the same.

This leads to situations where one person says “this works for me” and another says “it does not work for me”. It’s not a matter of making things up or anything, and no reason for anyone to take offense or argue. So whether it worked for Sinclair or not I will just say thanks staffydog33 for sharing your advice. Even if it does not help Sinclair it may help someone else, and helping others is a large reason for this forums existence.

100% true

For me it already paid off to dig them - been on the same small beach as 4 days before and it was noticeably easier to recover some fresh coins - 10,50€ in 2h - I've done worse :laugh:

D29D7288-495A-447D-9AE6-08C0A2B7AFE8_zps

3568BF6C-5F16-4E19-9A8D-0656A16A5A7A_zps

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Another ~4 weeks with the nox and some more or less awesome evenigs on the beaches..

844930F1-8C0D-47D7-B464-5269185B9F8D_zps

I've met more detectorists in two month as in two whole years .. I guess that's the way it is :unsure:

Found my first dime and ~17€ today :smile::

AF849160-53A4-4B0C-A713-D8F89707F90B_zps

Counting up the clad:

6B89403A-6AE7-4DC3-86DE-24F7B09FEAE5_zps

~182€ / 214$ by now

No high hopes for the season, but we'll see. I'll have a week off detecing now :ph34r:

• Like 3

I just found that resizeable ring from my last hunt in my car, which I thought is a junker..

5D1570EB-5390-4147-96F2-D5395437B8C1_zps

Turned out, it's 925 silver or at least silver plated? :laugh:

A6659153-521F-4CF4-9344-8FC415F9446A_zps

oh well.. always double check those junkers :ph34r:

• Like 1

I‘m in, but it‘s kind of a log book ..

If you have a suggestion for an appropriate thread-title, let me know   :wink:

Just poking a bit of fun.   The title came across very tentative and non-committal (I guess I'm in... etc) initially.  Yet your log book posts would repeatedly show these killer finds (despite the bottle caps and trash, which is just an occupational hazard of beach detecting regardless of which detector you use) so I just thought the title became more ironic as time marched on and your finds accumulated and the posts bumped the thread up the page.  You are doing great.  Keep on killing it and enjoying your Equinox...I guess.  Lol.

Signed,

Jealous Chase

:biggrin:

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2018 at 8:14 AM, Sinclair said:

Turned out, it's 925 silver or at least silver plated? :laugh:

Nice finds!  Not even close to an expert on jewelry, so my comment might be totally bogus.  I can't imagine any standards where '925' can be used for either solid or plated.  I'm voting for solid sterling.  Then again, I don't know what the 'PC' means, unless it's a politically correct ring size.  ?

That pc got me stumble, too. It is so thin, it doesn‘t really matter anyway :biggrin:

Did a short hunt today at my nearest beach.. ~12€ and finally a wedding band in the scoop:

030B098C-08C4-4265-BE20-2470A27AEF8C_zps

Figured it‘s just a pretty much worthless tungsten ring, nice find though :happy:

• Like 4