Wm 08 Headphone Modification

I have an equinox 600 and 800. I am using the APTX Bluetooth headphones on the 800. I have been using the WM08  wireless module with the 600. However, the dangling wires were still annoying with the module in a shirt pocket. I experimented with attaching the module to my hat but this was awkward. So i tried something different- I wound excess cordage around headband of my Amazon basics 32 ohm headphones. Then i fastened the module to one side of the earmuffs with black duct tape. What resulted is shown here. It is very convenient this way , like the apt x is. The only thing is I'm afraid the tape will get messy in hot weather, so next I will fasten the module with elastic or ziptes. I'm using them with my 600 today. IMG_1583.thumb.JPG.d9ef5add840bddc122de38349091bdff.JPG

• Like 2

You didn't need a special adapter to make the headphones work or were those headphones the ones that came with the 600? 

I'm going to be getting some that work with the WM08 soon.

Mitchel

PS I hang my processing stuff off the back of a baseball cap without attachments.

The headphones are Amazon basic. They are on ear not over ear and they sound great at 32 ohm. They're only $16 black blue or white, 1/8" jack so no adapter needed to use wm08. I redid with zip ties so I'm good to go- wirelesss

You could probably get some Velcro with that double sided tape already attached to it and then you could "stick" the module onto your headphones and if you need to move it to something else you wouldn't have to mess with all that tape.

1 hour ago, Cal_Cobra said:

You could probably get some Velcro with that double sided tape already attached to it and then you could "stick" the module onto your headphones and if you need to move it to something else you wouldn't have to mess with all that tape.

I soon realized that it has to be removable in order to charge the module. (doh!)

i did exactly that used self adhesive Velcro so it stays in use and comes off for recharge. 

That works. 

I wonder why the bloody thing is so large?  Honestly in this day and age of electronics, it should be about a quarter of the size, but I guess Minelab wants you to fell like your getting something for your hard earned $$$ :rolleyes:

On 4/7/2018 at 6:20 PM, Cal_Cobra said:

That works. 

I wonder why the bloody thing is so large?  Honestly in this day and age of electronics, it should be about a quarter of the size, but I guess Minelab wants you to fell like your getting something for your hard earned $$$ :rolleyes:

I guess they didn't think someone would be velcroing it to headphones.  It really isn't all that big for something you normally would just stick in a shirt/vest pocket.  OTOH, I have a BT APTX LL transmitter/receiver that has the profile of a book of matches and is not much thicker than that, so point taken.

With the module velcroed to the earpiece it's not the size but the weight of it feels like the headphones move a little when I move around , and I just have to get used to it because they are secure. However, I tried it with the Minelab wires phones and because they are already loose on my head, the module makes it feel very unstable.