Anderson Shafts Available Soon For Equinox

If you buy the Carbon Fibre version it is a bit lighter .

Not that really matters really . Dont forget i have the Terra version and i have drilled the hole needed to mount the handgrip/ control box onto the stem .

What happened to the stand? wouldn't it be nice to have the stand? they did that with the carbon fiber shaft I bought for the Garret At gold I used to have. I had to jury rig the stand back in place. Not very hard to do but it was annoying that they did not include a stand... I wont be buying one without a STAND! Just my opinion :biggrin:

strick 

I dont need a stand . It depends on the site really but not really needed on the beach .

6 minutes ago, Nuke em said:

I dont need a stand . It depends on the site really but not really needed on the beach .

Theres a lot of things we don't need in life lol   but why is it manufactures include a stand with their detector shafts (at least every one that I have bought) but Anderson leaves it out? and their main business is making detector shafts? :smile:

strick

You might be able to use the machines own stand . Not tried that .

• Like 1

I do have one.   Nice shaft.  Mine is a 2piece.... lower shaf is 28" for u tall guys.  The spring clip come thru both sides and there a several holes.  It looks like a twist lock.... but u just push the lower in the spring clips locks.... and there is a set screw you finger tighten.  NO movement.   Very stiff shaft.  Two holes for handle adjustment. ...cuff has a new style lock done with set screws but it has hole that u can use other cuffs.  The 3 piece ML has already had issue's with locks and wabble. ...put in salt water the aluminum will blister inside and those locks will wear or lock up.  Wont be available for a couple of week to dealers I think Pere said.  I dont know which shaft that price is for.... 

• Like 2

Besides the folks that got the wobbly shaft which I was one but now it's fixed I just can't see $150 for another rod but if you got the cash and like em to each his own.

Im betting that $150 is for both the upper and lower..... IF they are that high.  Just the upper will be cheaper and you use the ML lower...... which isnt as long.   they may not be worth it to dirt hunters... but they certainly are to anyone hunting IN the water.   There is a lot of torque on a shaft and cuff in the water.... especially swift water.   I have an Anderson travel shaft ..... which says.... its not intended for daily use.... and they are correct.    In MLs case to many moving parts plus they are aluminum which blisters inside and there is nothing you can really do about it.  Forget one time to clean um and that baby will lock up tight.   Shorter shafts ..... if you have a slight wiggle and one end ...... you have a longer wiggle at the coil.   there are a lot of things dirt digger dont need us water hunters do........ and salt water...... man you best plan for repairs.  I have a whole locker full of parts and replacement parts that most dirt hunters would never need.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, relicmeister said:

Sticking with the stock coil but good for those that prefer these. Will they offer an s-shaft ?

Me to . can't stand small coils , all that changing around , no time for it . And don't like stubble either .