Anderson Shafts Available Soon For Equinox

Contact ML ...they have been replacing them..... but oddly they want you to send the entire machine in.   Andersons uses two holes with spring clip that snaps into both those hole unlike MLs with with just one hole.   No twist lock... they use a small locking screw... system works well... no wobble. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dewcon4414 said:

Contact ML ...they have been replacing them..... but oddly they want you to send the entire machine in.   Andersons uses two holes with spring clip that snaps into both those hole unlike MLs with with just one hole.   No twist lock... they use a small locking screw... system works well... no wobble. 

Andersons are solid as a rock.

Not had any trouble with the Nox stem either.

Hey thanks guys, I did read the thread that Steve posted and contacted Minelab, but they said they had no knowledge of the fault and were pretty much oblivious to what I was trying to explain. So after a couple of return calls they said they would have a look at it, thats if I want to send it back in (2000km) my expense of course. The Anderson's Shaft look like a good alternative and rock solid by your reports think I might try and get one of them instead.

14 hours ago, unox said:

I have a fair deal of wobble on mine on the top joint knuckle, the arm cuff is very wobbly as well. I am seriously looking at one of these shafts but as you said the standard one is good for travel which is a big plus for me. But if the anderson's takes out the dreaded wobble I think I might spring some coin for one.

The arm cuff...try adding a small spring washer & flat washer to the arm cuff bolt, I worked for me.

The shaft...cant help you much if its play in the shaft sizes (manufacturing fault)

good luck

4 minutes ago, NSC said:

The arm cuff...try adding a small spring washer & flat washer to the arm cuff bolt, I worked for me.

The shaft...cant help you much if its play in the shaft sizes (manufacturing fault)

good luck

Thanks NSC will take a look and give that a try,  I am hoping to get out later for a swing.

• Like 1

I've seen "plugger" brand one and two piece carbon fiber shafts for the Equinox on ebay as well. I believe they use the factory lower rod and cost around $80-$100.

• Like 3