Zagg Clear Screen Protectors For The Equinox

Dan(NM)

I picked these up this past week for my Equinox from E-bay for $5.99 for a pack of 3.  The size is perfect for the Nox, simply cut to fit and a great way to add extra protection to the entire face of the 800 or 600. I've been using the Invisible-Shields for the last 3 years, they work like a champ, almost completely scratch proof. These are a very inexpensive way to save your screen and touchpad from getting jacked up. I thought I'd pass this along.

s-l500.jpg

• Like 4

Guest Tnsharpshooter

What I use on my Nox.

The protective cover has taken a beating too.  Scratched up big time, from my coat's zipper a hitting in the wind , etc.

Folks use a protective screen  cover no matter how careful you think you are !!  

I made mine using clear, flexible vinyl from fabric section of Walmart ( used for table covers )   It attaches with Velcro and I can make new ones as needed. 

The screen protectors provided with the Equinox are a nice thought (never bought a detector before that included these) but unfortunately they reflect specularly (like a mirror) instead of diffusely, making it difficult sometimes to see the screen.  I wish they had a matte or frosted finish such as the screen protectors for cellphones, tablets, and laptops (as shown by Dan).  Another seemingly positive feature with the Minelab provided screen protectors are the labeling of the screen adjust functions.  However I've never referred to these a single time, being in the habit of looking at the icons on the screen when adjusting settings.

I haven't done so yet, but eventually will switch over to a 'generic' matte finish screen protector.  You can buy large versions of these (closer to the size of a standard US sheet of paper) and then cut to size.  I still have plenty of material after covering my GB-Pro, X-Terra, and F75.

On the 800 the backlight is pretty blinding if night hunting, I like the Zagg idea Dan, but am thinking about using some of my red film on the screen.  Hmm...maybe do the Zagg first and then make removable red film cover out of one of the multitudes of multi-language screen covers Minelab included.

So you put the Zagg cover over the factory screen cover and the buttons? 

12 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

On the 800 the backlight is pretty blinding if night hunting, I like the Zagg idea Dan, but am thinking about using some of my red film on the screen.  Hmm...maybe do the Zagg first and then make removable red film cover out of one of the multitudes of multi-language screen covers Minelab included.

So you put the Zagg cover over the factory screen cover and the buttons? 

That was the original plan, but I screwed up the Minelab cover in the process.And yes, I covered the entire face plate with the Zagg. The Nox faceplate was easier to cut a template for than the CTX or the Etrac.

Dan, do you get the little air bubbles with the Zagg protectors like the ones you get with theMinelab-provided screen protectors?

On 4/8/2018 at 12:41 PM, Cal_Cobra said:

On the 800 the backlight is pretty blinding if night hunting, 

Even on the lowest setting; haven't been out a night to know?

1 hour ago, TedinVT said:

Dan, do you get the little air bubbles with the Zagg protectors like the ones you get with theMinelab-provided screen protectors?

Zero air bubbles with the Zagg, it's a wet application and goes on very easy. I always wet the surface and the Zagg, makes it go on smooth.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

On the 800 the backlight is pretty blinding if night hunting

You must mean the 600? The 800 is adjustable to a pretty low level.

I am still using the Minelab supplied screen protector since it is working but it does give a nice mirror flash of the sun at just the right angle. Sure not complaining though - nice touch for Minelab to include them

• Like 1