Zagg Clear Screen Protectors For The Equinox

Dan(NM)

20 hours ago, parkgt said:

Even on the lowest setting; haven't been out a night to know?

Yes even the lowest setting on the 800.

Best backlight I’ve used is on the Nokta/Makro machines, they offer five levels of brightness.

One of the Fishers (F19?) screen is red.  There’s a reason the military uses red, so much easier on your eyes at night.

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

You must mean the 600? The 800 is adjustable to a pretty low level.

No I mean the 800. You get what three settings on the 800, spotlight bright, slightly less, and so dim it’s unusable.   Sorry I’m not a fan of their backlight implementation.

Can't complain on the NOX backlight - been on the beach this evening for two hours and the lowest setting is just about perfect.

I had no backlight before and hunted by ear. If something sounded nice, I would use my headlamp to investigate.

2 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

No I mean the 800. You get what three settings on the 800, spotlight bright, slightly less, and so dim it’s unusable.   Sorry I’m not a fan of their backlight implementation.

Interesting.... well, good to know. I never use backlights myself. The only time I turned mine on was to shoot this photo set...

minelab-equinox-800-backlight-settings-compared.jpg

On 4/8/2018 at 8:18 AM, relicmeister said:

I made mine using clear, flexible vinyl from fabric section of Walmart ( used for table covers )   It attaches with Velcro and I can make new ones as needed. 

You need to change your screen name to tinkermeister.  I am surprised you bought the Equinox in the first place and didn't fashion your own out of a beach umbrella pole, duct tape, wire, a frisbee, and a digital multimeter.  Bendy shaft, detector stand, WM08 integrated headphones, and your own home brew screen protector. You are a DIY master. Lol. ?

@Dan(NM)

Do you have a picture off the applied screen protector?

I wonder how those things come off if they need to... On the screen it'll come off no problems, but on the foil surrounding the screen and the buttons.. :unsure:

6 hours ago, Sinclair said:

@Dan(NM)

Do you have a picture off the applied screen protector?

I wonder how those things come off if they need to... On the screen it'll come off no problems, but on the foil surrounding the screen and the buttons.. :unsure:

This was cut from a scrap piece I had left over from putting some on the CTX, I'll replace it sometime soon with the full pieces I just bought, but, it's not an issue since I also use the Deno's cover. Pealing the Zagg off is no issue, I've done it a couple of times before without any problems.

thumbnail.jpg

• Like 2

A little tip for everyone. You can use all the screen protectors that come in the pack if you take and cut the optional languages off with a razor if it bothers you. All are best applied using lens cleaning wipes to prepare the surface, then leaving a spritz or two of water on the screen. Apply right on top of the spritz. Then take a credit card to squeegee it. It will come out bubble free. 

• Like 5

Looks good, Dan.

And the buttons are still working as usual?

Long-term wise I'll probably get a cover for the complete controlbox, but no national dealer seams to have one by now.