Dialing It In Good, Missed A Lot In The Last 4 Years

Vez

I went to a farm that has given a good number of silver and wheat from one specific area in the yard that is about 60x80 feet.  Not a very big area, but very productive.  I have hunted it in grids from north to south, south to north, east to west, then west to east, and of course diagonally.  I took the 800 out to this spot and used the settings from my last hunt: 3 Fe bias, 4 recovery, park 2, 50 tone, 18 volume, all metal, 6 threshold, and had the Fe volume up 2 notches from stock.  In three hours I pulled 4 wheat and some really cool relics for your inspection.  The large copper-brass looking thing was an orthotic from "The Arrowsmith Mfg. Co. Inc." found at 14".  I had to take a picture of the wheat I recovered with a big nail about 1/2" directly below it, I pulled the wheat out and the pointer was still going.  I thought it was going to be a spill not a big nail!  I am still sad that the depth gauge is so wonky, I may try to reach out to minelab about it.  Until the depth gauge works better on cents and dimes or they put adjustable volume gain I do not think it will replace my CTX for trashy park hunts as I discriminate by depth since there are so many screw tops in the best parks in North East Ohio.  Thanks for looking!

20180408_180108.jpg

20180408_174718.jpg

20180408_174647.jpg

20180408_153927.jpg

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, relicmeister said:

Nice finds

do you feel you are digging less iron and trash?  I think I am

From the 3030?  Not really, but man i am hearing so many more targets!  

From the first time i started using it out of the box? Absolutely!  Getting over my trust issues and setting it up better for my ground has made a huge difference.   I had a blast today!  Nothing silver or gold, but i learned and had fun.

• Like 2

There is no mark on it Duke.  I do think it is a bit light weight if it is silver though.  However the link that was on it was copper and pretty far gone and brittle.  I would say since it was only 5" at that farm it was probably from the 60's or 70's.  I have had a test kit in my cart on amazon for a while :)  I should probably pull the trigger already!

Thanks for looking Duke :D