I’m going to tell you what little I know from a friend from a friend of his that is saying very little as in next to nothing.

It started out this guy wanted to get into coin hunting. He looks around and find himself a used Teknetics. Now remember all this is new to him.

He’s out there just swinging his new used detector and he gets a signal. Well like all good American boy he starts digging. He gets a hole dug about a foot down and hits a brick. Then he makes the hole bigger and low and behold there is another brick next to the first one. The thing is the two bricks are not next to each other but has a space in between. He’s thinking I didn’t detect the bricks and he didn’t because here is this tin laying in between the two bricks. I haven’t got the straight of the type of tin but maybe that will come later.

Here he is with this so called tin in his hands trying to pry it open. Now hold on because this is the things that can dirty your pants.

Okay now he’s got it open. He pops it out into his hand and there lays a Double Eagle better known as a twenty dollar gold coin.

Of all things it’s a walking Liberty with a flying Eagle on the backside . Oh yes I did leave the date out didn’t I.

This old girl is carrying a date of 1907. If you look in a coin book none of them come cheap. He told the guy I know that he knows that it’s worth no less than 6000.

My friend wanted his to send a picture on the phone but the guy said no and he wouldn’t say where he found it. Because it’s a rare coin he just wanted to keep it under wraps at this time.

If can at a later date I’ll give you the rest of the story.

Chuck

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Just wanted to give a picture so everyone would know what coin I was talking about.

They also minted a 1907 St. Gaudens with Arabic numerals.  Those are fairly common (relatively speaking) but still valued around $1k and up.

Well you may want to take another look . Some may be at the price you said but they are some that have a larger value than you posted.

Chuck

PS Lots larger with others of the same year.