Minelab Convention

Steve,

So you going to the Minelab convention in N.O. What do they talk about there?

Is it just a getaway. With cigars, booze and loose women? LOL

Or do they get input from real detectorists like you?

Maybe the timing sounds right to me, but the release of the GPZ 7000 sounds like it might happen there?

Anyways have a great time.

PS get me some free Minelab swag.

You going to be there Ken?

They really are dealer conferences but Chris Ralph and I were invited last year and this year as guests/representatives of the ICMJ. Unfortunately Chris has a conflict with a GPAA show at the same time so it is just me this year.

The conference serves dealers from all over the country and even all over the world this year. A lot of it is training intended to help newer dealers get up to speed on the entire product line so it is far from being just a prospecting gig. There will probably be more dealers there wondering what Minelab has for the coin hunter than prospectors.

Whatever new models there are to be released in the year are usually announced there, but the official public announcement may or may not come later. Confidentiality agreements non-withstanding Minelab does not even say anything at the meetings they really, really want kept secret, because there are dealers who tell friends who then post about it.

The main benefit for me being there is to get to pick the brains of the engineers and of course I will be trying to learn as much as I can about the GPZ 7000, mainly from the aspect of how do I get the most out of it. Tips, tricks, hints, anything that might benefit me in the field. I also try and bring less knowledgeable dealers up to speed on the nugget machines if they are interested.

It is all fun, just a couple solid days of metal detecting stuff. More fun for me really not being there as a dealer.

Actually there is some great swag at times. I got a nice Minelab branded Camelback rucksack at the last convention that I used a lot last fall.

• Like 2

Steve - Did you ever find out if one can just purchase the velcro bunjii attachment that is included in the Pro Swing but can be used on pretty much any detector shaft (including the 2300)? I'd like to purchase a couple of them and that conference might be just the place to ask that question. I'd like to put one on a few detectors and just leave them there rather than trying to remember to move it from detector to detector.