Consolidated Thread For Issues / Bugs / Flaws .. ?

Sinclair

Just a guess but I expect more reports of screens developing the spots as we get deeper into the Summer months. Warmth seemed to exasperate the problem I had and I think the dryer idea may make it worse. I was surprised when Minelab told me they had neither heard of the issue , nor could they reproduce it in their facility , when I first saw the issue on a forum and they are supposedly watching the forums and even interacting with certain individuals. I casually read only two forums and their observations should be much more complete than mine.

I quite frankly found the suggestion of the screen protector insulting but I understand eliminating the obvious when dealing with the public. One of the reasons I have little use for internet message rooms is that many people don't appear to have even read the manual before started a string of questions.?

I believe some of that particular component of the sealed control handle may have an inherent manufacturing flaw of some kind that will work itself out as production consumes those units. It will be a costly pain in the neck for Minelab for a while and a possible glitch for buyers of used Equinoxs to be aware of in the future.

• Like 1

Not a bug or a flaw but one thing to think about is making sure your coil cable is tight at the control box. It hasn't happened to me with the Equinox but it did with my AtPro one time and my detector went crazy because the connection was loose and jumping in and out of power.. Took me about 1/2 hr to figure it out

I always have a habit it checking to see if the knurled nut is tight and just now checked it and although it wasn't loose I could tighten it just a bit..  

• Like 1