800 Repaired And 600 On It's Way

Norm S

My 800 is repaired and shipped. I don't know what they did to it but maybe there will be a repair ticket with an explanation. My 600 that I bought as a spare is also on it's way and both will arrive on Thursday. 

I guess I will charge the 600 and take the 800 out on Thursday afternoon. On Friday I will take the 600 out and try it out. After viewing many YouTube videos and reading about the 600 I don't expect much difference but it will make a great backup detector or even the primary detector. 

It looks like my E-trac will go into mothballs and will most likely sell it. I been using it since last Thursday and I have no complaints with it because it will hunt but I have to work harder on sketchy signals and the signals bounce around a lot more. I admit I am not very proficient with it but the Equinox 800 makes me look like a pro vs the E-Trac

• Like 1

Good news, Norm. And welcome to the dual equinox owners club. I've been alternating between the 600 and 800 but as I branch out I'll likely favor the 800 when doing woods, fields and more challenging spots that the advanced settings would be useful with, and the 600 for parks and unplanned detecting spots. 

Later I'll keep the 600 with the 6" coil on

• Like 2

I can't go to the beach this weekend with either detector because of Black Beach Weekend and it's chaos all weekend so I will have to hunt somewhere else away from the beach and nearby parks. I may go to an old soccer field that is no longer in use and try the 600 at. I tried it with my E-Trac but never had any luck. I suspect the depth on both the 800 and 600 may be an advantage

• Sad 1

My 800 was just delivered along my new 600. I am charging the 600 so that will be a cpl of hours or more. I turned the 800 on and it seems fine but haven't tried it yet. 

There was no repair ticket in the box so I don't know what they did. There was a new screen protector on so but that's the only noticeable thing they did

Tomorrow is going to be a full day of hunting. Going to test the 800 to see it works fine and use the 600 to get used to it. 

You're right Chase after going out and looking at it closely it is a new control pod. I cleaned it up good before I sent it in but I can tell the control pod is brand new so I guess that's good news. Either the other control pod couldn't be fixed or they kept it to do an autopsy on it. The battery was fully charged when I sent it in and this battery has about 1/2 charge.. 

• Like 2

Yes they had me send in everything including headphones and accessories. I know it's the same coil because I didn't clean it as well as the rest of the detector. I went out and looked at it again and it's definitely a new control pod. Both detectors are charged up and ready to hit the ground in the morning. 

Thanks Chase, it's 5:40 am right now and having coffee waiting for the sun to come up. A nice 68 degrees so if the sun rises before i finish my coffee I am outta here. Both detectors are fully charged and I am going to see if the wireless headphones work with the 600 and if so I will be happy. 

One thing that never dawned on me is how simple it is to assemble and disassemble the Equinox. Yesterday when I received them I had them both assembled in less than 10 minutes. 

One more thing as to why I know it's a new control pod . The most telling sign is the serial number on the control pod because I went back and checked what the other one was and this one is different also the arm cuff was off and there would have been no reason for Minelab to remove it. 

• Like 1