Value Of E-trac

Norm S

I am now the proud owner of both the Equinox 800 and 600 and I no longer have any use for my E-Trac, My E-Trac is 2 yrs old and has no extra accessories. I do have a cheap harness I bought for it but found it to be more trouble than it was worth. Does anyone know what a used E-Trac is worth. 

glad you guys brought this up as I'm considering letting my etrac go as I'm outta places to hunt and turned to gold closer to home.  Mine is out of warranty (4yrs old?) and has the Sunray X-1 probe, stock 11" coil, 13" Ultimate, 9.5x 5.5 Nel, 6" EQ2, Sabich book, charger, manual, etc.  Hate the thought of parting with it but it has been sitting for a year doing nothing?  If I sell it...sure as S**T they'll tear up Main st 2 days after I sell....lol

I was kinda thinking 1100-1200?????

sorry guys, but selling an E-trac for an Equinox 800 seems absurd. I am a happy owner of an E-trac and I have never tried the new Equinox, but I do not think this last model is better than e-trac, even the highest price of etrac should make me understand ... I would never sell the my fantastic E-trac!
why E-trac has higher price than Equinox? the minelab knows what it sells ...

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Luki said:

sorry guys, but selling an E-trac for an Equinox 800 seems absurd. I am a happy owner of an E-trac and I have never tried the new Equinox, but I do not think this last model is better than e-trac, even the highest price of etrac should make me understand ... I would never sell the my fantastic E-trac!
why E-trac has higher price than Equinox? the minelab knows what it sells ...

It might seem absurd but I plan on selling my E-Trac also now that I have my Equinox.. I haven’t used my E-Trac since I got my Equinox, and have no desire to.. The speed of the Equinox is just too addicting..  The only reason I haven’t sold my E-Trac yet is because I would not have a back up coin detector if something happened to my Nox..  There are features I like more on the E-Trac and CTX over the Equinox but they don’t override the performance of the Equinox for my style of hunting..  

E-Trac and CTX is a more refined smooth ride but I’m convinced the Equinox has the edge on finding the goods.. Especially in tough, hunted out conditions..

Bryan

• Like 1

Brian, no doubt the recovery of your equinox will be better than on etrac, but the recovery does not think it's all. undoubtedly speed is important in some situations, but the penetration of the dacac in all terrains even the most difficult is unsurpassed. if you look at recovery, I think then that a deus or a fisher f19 or a Makro multikruzer is much better than that of equinox. I repeat, I have never tried a nox, but from what they told me various friends and videos on the net, these are mine

yikes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, Norm S said:

I am now the proud owner of both the Equinox 800 and 600 and I no longer have any use for my E-Trac, My E-Trac is 2 yrs old and has no extra accessories. I do have a cheap harness I bought for it but found it to be more trouble than it was worth. Does anyone know what a used E-Trac is worth. 

You can test the waters by putting a high price on it or just start the auction at the lowest price you are willing to sell it for and see where it goes. I never thought I would sell my E Trac, but I did. Now that I have the Equinox, I'll be selling my CTX. Some say it's crazy but nothing beats being stuck with an aging detector and watching it lose value. That's what happened to my Vista Gold. There it sits, with a broken boost switch, 3 great coils and it just collects dust. :laugh: Just my way of looking at it but I would sell it and just keep the money aside or buy some other things like a great scoop, or something else you may have wanted but never bought.

I am not sure how you are posting Luki but the text is GIANT SIZED. I fixed your posts but please try and make sure the text size is halfway normal in the future. Thanks!

Oh, and by the way, I sold my CTX when I got my Equinox. Don’t be so sure about detectors you have never tried. I would not take an E-Trac (yes, I have used one) in a straight trade for my Equinox. Just because old electronics cost more does not mean they are better. If you think that’s true I have some great old computers for you! :smile:

• Like 3