Value Of E-trac

Norm S

Excuse me Steve, maybe you can misunderstand what I want to write .. for me it is difficult to explain with google translator .. I just want to say that many say that equinox is better and sends etrac in the cellar, I do not think .. etrac is part of a different project, the fbs. has given and continues to give excellent results, the vlf technology has reached its peak. I do not know if I explain myself .. sorry if anyone has misunderstood .. the fact remains that many have etrac and still use it badly, here in my areas many have sold it for Makro multikruzer or deus or other models, but I by their side I simply saw that they did not know how to program and use their etrac to the fullest. that's all.

5 hours ago, Luki said:

the fact remains that many have etrac and still use it badly, here in my areas many have sold it for Makro multikruzer or deus or other models, but I by their side I simply saw that they did not know how to program and use their etrac to the fullest

Can’t argue at all with that! :smile:

3 hours ago, Bayard said:

I've been using an Equinox 600 for the last month and a half.  I prefer my Etrac for finding deep silver coins, mainly because of the superior depth meter.

I like what you are saying Bayard because you are simply saying you prefer the E-Trac for finding deep silver coins. I prefer the Equinox. Its all about personal preferences, not declaring one detector a winner and another the loser. As long as we are each happy with what we are using, I don’t see how it matters at all.

Minelab E-trac, CTX 3030, Excalibur Versus Equinox

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I like what you are saying Bayard because you are simply saying you prefer the E-Trac for finding deep silver coins. I prefer the Equinox. Its all about personal preferences, not declaring one detector a winner and another the loser. As long as we are each happy with what we are using, I don’t see how it matters at all.

The depth meter of the Equinox is not nearly as accurate as the depth meter on the Etrac.  I don't like wasting my time on shallow clad; so, an accurate depth meter is very important to me.  Consequently, I scout new sites with the Etrac, and when Etrac finds slow down or stop, I use the Equinox in the hope of making some additional finds. 

I normally don't bother to use the Equinox at a site where I haven't already found silver coins with an Etrac. The only instances where the Equinox might be my first choice are extremely trashy sites, water hunting, and for convenience when traveling by air.

I don’t use depth meters and have no problem differentiating deep from shallow by ear with Equinox so no benefit in E-Trac for me in that regard. Then again I don’t particularly mind scarfing up a pile of clad either. Like I said, different strokes for different folks.

Dear guys, I'm sorry for many that contradict me, but Minelab remains in first place for its performance in medium and high mineralization environments, and I think that the equinox like any product Minelab will have its excellent performance, I have not doubt, Minelab has never made a mistake, especially in recent years!

7 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It’s all good Luki. All It’sthe original poster wanted to know was what a used E-Trac was worth so he could sell it. Then we all went “off topic”! :laugh:

actually Steve you're right !!
I write too much! I love my etrac and I defend it 

:laugh::laugh:

• Like 1