Giant Man Cave - With Gold Display

We knew it was going to rain like a cow peeing on a flat rock so what to do? My brother-in-law Bryan and myself are vacationing in Northern California. With a deluge forecast for yesterday, there would be no forays with a detector so we loaded up in the truck and headed to Old Sacramento. The railroad museum there is one of the largest in North America. Go early because you can spend a whole day in there easy. The massive amount of railroad iron there will delight any man with even a passing interest in the Iron Horse.

We eventually got too hungry so we ducked around the corner to an old saloon from 1877. It has good sandwiches, great beer, and a hot Latina barmaid wearing fish net stockings! After sating your raging desire for comestibles, liquid refreshment, and eye candy go back around the corner to the state history museum. (editor - emphasis added) Upstairs they have a decent gold display. Some wonderful specimens of the yellow metal there. 

What's not to like? Just saying if you are in the area you won't regret going..........

post-116-0-21325300-1423310052_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Chris,

I was their with the boy and girl scouts, it was our trip to the museum, I did not see the gold display, wish I knew about it. But now I am well aware that their is a fish net wearing bars maid and saloon, I can kill two birds with one visit.  Sacramento is a pretty cool place, and many things to see including the Fort??? dang whats it's name? Escapes my mind right now, next to it is the Native American Museum worth seeing both...

Ray, can't remember the name of the saloon but I do remember they will sell you a shot of red eye for $2 if you buy a beer :D

Chris, heck yes we looked at, ogled, peered, and fantasized about that gold.

Rick, we will be going soon. I had some coin and relic hunting to do that has been on my mind. It is not on my mind anymore as the place gave me a whoopin :blink:

Last time I was in Old Town, there were so many "street bums" begging that it was not enjoyable. They were in front of almost every store.

How were they this time of the year?

There is some interesting history there though.

Not one bum in evidence. They must have gave them the "bum's rush" .

• The title was changed to Giant Man Cave - With Gold Display