Minelab 2015 Dealer Conference

The Minelab dealer conference was held in New Orleans this year and I am fortunate to have been invited by Minelab. I have never been to New Orleans before so that alone has been enjoyable, though it may have been a lot more fun 30 years ago! Better was meeting with the Minelab team and learning new product details. The icing on the cake was being able to rub shoulders with various people involved in the industry, mostly as dealers from all around the world, but also people in related fields, like the folks from Coiltek. This was the first world-wide conference and I was surprised to see nearly half those attending had traveled from all over the world to be there.

I have signed no less than three non-disclosure statements now for Minelab recently so unfortunately this post is a bit of a teaser. I simply can't say anything yet about the GPZ 7000 or anything else. If you ask even by email or PM I cannot respond at this time, but you do not have long to wait. When I am given a green light I will let forum members know and in general it is only on this forum that I will be commenting or answering questions. There may end up being leaks elsewhere but if so they will not be coming from me.

I can say however it is obvious that Minelab is committed to remaining an industry innovator and leader and that they have formidable resources at their disposal to help insure that continues to be the case. I want to thank the many good people at Minelab for affording me the opportunity to have some input, however small, on products that make a difference in my life, and for inviting me to the conference.

post-1-0-93457900-1423353021_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I hate secrets.... feeding us little bits here and there. And that picture above.... I must have seen it 50 times already...it has not changed. Minelab must have consulted with Accenture's marketing department at some point. But it It can backfire  also.

At any rate I just may say the heck with it and buy a used gpx 5000 as I'm starting to get turned off to all this pre-super detector hype. 

And some are pre ordering machines not even knowing what the price is?  or maybe they know what the price is not?

Sorry this is all a little too weird for me 

strick

• Like 1

Steve, I've noticed a trend on the forums the last couple of days, people are starting to get crabby. Once I'm given the go-ahead on talking about the subject I'll be thinking long and hard about were I'll be spending my internet time.

I flat out refuse to be a whipping boy this time round, if the mods at the various Australian forums I frequent do not keep a lid on the personal attacks then I'll just post elsewhere or not at all. 

JP

• Like 3

Hey JP,

I can understand your feelings,but please do post your thoughts,results,etc. here. Im pretty sure everyone here respects your input immensely.Plus,Steve allows freedom of speach,but not personal attacks,so please feel compfortable to express yourself. Cheers mate! Ray

• Like 1

You are welcome here of course JP. I have already decided not to post elsewhere unless perhaps to correct outright incorrect information. Like somebody says it is green, I will say, no it's blue. But no debates with anybody. I try to be helpful but on too many forums it gets tossed back in my face so I am just going to withdraw from discussions elsewhere.

I am all for freedom of speech but that does not mean anarchy. You cannot yell fire in a crowded theater. You cannot talk about bombs on planes in an airport. You cannot insult my wife in my house. And people are either respectful on this forum or they will be ejected without explanation or recourse. I have seen a lot of once great forums ruined by lack of moderation. It is not going to happen here.

• Like 5