2nd Time Out With 600

Norm S

I took my 600 out for the 2nd time this morning and rehunted a park that I had just pulled $100 in clad from it. I decided to hunt horizontally in the park this morning and wasn't expecting much because of the amount of clad I pulled out and someone else has been hunting the park as well. I went about 50' and got a 25 signal and it turned out to be a penny. I continued on and got a mixed signal so I dug because the vdi bounced from 24 -27 and pretty much settled on 24. I dug and found a penny then I was still getting a tone with my pinpointer and dug again and found a dime then was still getting tone so I dug again and out comes a quarter.  Another 10' and I found two quarters stacked and the vdi bounced 31-32 and I thought it was going to be junk. I kept hunting for 2 more hours and found a total of $8.82 and I did better today than I have on any day in that park. The 600 is every bit as good as the 800. 

I have a love affair with both the 600 and 800. I made a small tweak this morning and I won't touch it again. No nickels even though I have 12 and 14 rejected. I did find some gold tabs but no nickes. I am staying in this park until I find less than 50 cents in a 2 hour hunt. 

7 hours ago, Norm S said:

I did find some gold tabs....

What are 'gold tabs'?

11 hours ago, Norm S said:

. . . The 600 is every bit as good as the 800. 

I have a love affair with both the 600 and 800. I made a small tweak this morning and I won't touch it again. No nickels even though I have 12 and 14 rejected. I did find some gold tabs but no nickes. I am staying in this park until I find less than 50 cents in a 2 hour hunt. 

I have the Nox 600 and agree it is just as good as the Nox 800 for most things (those I am likely to do, anyway). I would like the 800's adjustable backlight, however.

Sounds like you are willing to work that park all the way down to 25 cents/hour.  Well, I guess I have worked for less, and not just at metal detecting...

Gold tabs are gold colored tabs from beer cans. I went to a hunted out park the other day that I had hunted really hard and it is finally hunted out until next soccer season. I will hunt this park until I know there is pretty good chance I am wasting my time. If I am at a park for over an hour and find nothing I leave and won't come back until they have another event there. 

I honestly think this park has another $50 or so in clad.  I don't swing as tight as I should so I know I probably miss a 6" path every 2nd pass. That's why I am hunting it in a horizontal direction this time. 

I have an old soccer park I am trying next. Hasn't been used in 10 yrs so unless someone has hit it pretty hard I think it could be great for some silver. 

Tomorrow or late this afternoon I am hitting the beach

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1