My First Cw Relics With The Nox 800

Finally got a 2 hr trip to a cw site its slim pickins,I've put in 12 plus hrs on a football field size area and a buddy everytime.anyway I was running field 1,sensitivity 20-22,recovery 6,iron bias 1,everything else factory the bullets or lead pretty solid 18,buttons 17-18 which I didn't expect I dug a lot of junk anywhere from 12to16,17 looking for a button didn't expect same number as a bullet but that's what they were and solid.im really getting the feel of the machine and learning the chirps and beeps that grass make,a actual target definitely jumps out more than just swing noise I feel pretty confident with the nox and shes super comfy for me to swing I've heard tail of folks saying shes nose heavy but to me shes swings real nice.happy hunting,Alabama finds btw near huntsville

15239320417256878283588544572694.jpg

• Like 5

Sweet buttons and lead.  I am still looking for my first period two-piece military button with the Equinox.  It will come eventually.  What is the story with that mottled minie ball?  Can't argue with success but you might also want to give the "2" modes a shot (Park 2/Field 2) as they are biased towards mid-conductors and might hit harder on the buttons.  Who knows.  I am the guy with no buttons telling you what to do, so don't listen to me. But I did snag some non-button brass with Equinox. Lol.

• Like 1

I usually run park 2 it's the one I have setup for well every day detecting bout like anyone else it seems..idk but it looks chewed up yeah I just looked again as they sit in the same spot it really looks chewed!so I was using field 1 cause I thought the 1s were weighted towards lower conductors and 2s were higher? One button was dead 17 one bounced to 18 alil.i love finding cw stuff but man it's so hard finding a place I know there has to be a virgin place out there somewhere,maybe one day.

15239335466082510300830272447707.jpg

15239335639813168795221260369883.jpg

Yeah, it looks chewed.  Could be anything - human, animal, machine (farm machinery), or knife (bored soldier).

Regarding the modes - the "hot" modes (i.e., Park 2/Field 2/Gold Modes) are biased towards higher frequencies which means they hit harder on lower/mid-conductors (gold, brass, aluminum, small lead) and/or small targets.  The "1" modes and Beach are generally biased towards lower frequencies which means favoring higher conductors (copper, silver) and larger, deeper targets as the lower frequencies penetrate further into the earth.  Note, however, in metal detecting there are few absolutes, only shades of gray and especially with Multi IQ all targets are in play.

• Like 1

Ok I had it backwards,thanks for the info.happy hunting

• Like 1